Don't hurt my nerd

The class had been stressful today. Todoroki rubbed the back of his neck as he walked out of the showers. It hadn't been particularly stressful, but the stress of figuring out how to get the kids on their side, and working as a team, had been mentally taxing.

As the boy dressed, he considered what Izuku might have done differently. The green-haired boy would have won the kids over in no time.

"Hey, Icyhot!"

Todoroki looked up from buttoning his shirt and looked at the aggressive boy. "Yes, Bakugo?"

The blond stared at him for a moment, his face in its usual angry sneer. But Todoroki noticed something different - the red eyes were surprisingly soft.

"Deku...I just wanted to say...dont hurt him," he said after a moment.

Todoroki felt his cheeks start to warm as he returned his attention to his shirt. "I do not know what you mean, Bakugo. I have never intentionally harmed Midoriya in training."

Bakugo snarled as he reached out, grabbing Todoroki by the collar, small explosions going off in his hand singing the fabric. "That's not what I mean, damn Icy-Hot, and you know it!"

Todoroki blinked, unmoved by the show of rage. "So what did you mean?"

Bakugo shoved him away. "The nerd is your soulmate. Don't play dumb."

Todoroki looked around to ensure they were alone. "How did you-"

Bakugo snorted. "Deku has talked about his soulmate vision since we were kids. He was sure he had two for years."

"But...now you agree with him that its me?" The other boy asked. The blond nodded. "So why are you saying anything to me? Not like you truly care about Midoriya."

Bakugo looked down, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I know I treat him like crap a lot...but things happened when we were kids and I was a dumbass." The sneer was back when Todoroki wasn't able to stop the snort at the admission. "Shut it, ya half and half bastard. Look...Deku has always held on to that damn vision like a lifeline. Just don't hurt him."

With that he turned and left, effectively ending the conversation. Todoroki watched his retreating back and felt warm deep down. It was as if he had been waiting for Bakugo's permission, not that the blond boy was needed for permission.

The scarred young man pulled out his phone and opened his phone, staring at the freckled face that was his screen saver. So happy, so kind...so few knew of some of the darker parts of his past. Bakugo had hinted that Midoriya had been hurt in the past and it had been dark.

"I will not hurt you," he muttered before turning off the phone and leaving the locker room.