Chapter 9: Red-head and the Beautiful Beast pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Oof,"

Rudy lets out a grunt.

I let out a sigh my expression is full of guilt, I kind of regret having to do that to my little bro like that, but it was clear he was not ready. The boy collapses onto the grass, completely unconscious.

"Ah, I hope I didn't hurt him too badly," I said rubbing the back of my neck.

Paul walks quietly towards us after the slaughter was over, picking up Rudy's unconscious body, Zenith, and Lilia approach from behind. Paul nods at me in thanks, but I don't really reciprocate the gesture. Zenith says bye to Rudy's unconscious body giving him a sweet kiss on his forehead.

Lilia bows respectfully saying bye herself

Lilia bows respectfully saying bye herself. Paul then continues his way to place Rudy in the carriage while Ghistlaine waits for me to say my goodbyes.

I drop the wooden sword and walk over to Lilia and Zenith who were holding Norn and Aisha. I rustle both of the baby girls' heads, as they smile up at me.

"Sorry, you had to see your older brothers play like that. But it's for his own good... I'm going to miss you two very much while I'm gone. Rudy too." I said chuckling lightly, giving both baby girls a big hearty smile.

Zenith smiles a bit, letting out a sigh that sounded sad, but there was a bit of relief in there seeing her boy growing up into a strong young man. She leans forward a bit holding Norn, giving me a nice kiss on my forehead. I could see the tears swelling up in her eyes, she was going to miss us dearly.

"I wish you two the best, my beautiful boy. Make sure to take care of Rudy." She finishes saying with closed eyes smile, the tear falling down her face.

I hug Zenith, bringing her and Norn close. I give Norn and Zenith a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm going to miss you very much, Mom, take care okay, I'll help with the garden ten folds when I come back to visit," I said smiling at Zenith with love. "And you'll know I'll keep Rudy safe."

Then I turn to Lilia, my face blushing a bit after the incident last night, I scratch the back of my head.

"I-I'm going to miss you very much as well, Lilia," I said trying to regain my composure.

Lilia was holding Aisha in her arms, holding her close to her chest, rocking her slightly. Lilia gives me that same warm smile she always has given me- a genuine, comforting smile that always made me feel safe.

"As will I," she says softly, leaning forward and placing a kiss on my cheek. "Make sure to come to visit, and come back in one piece... alright?" She finishes saying leaning back to an upright position.

My whole body is filled with flutters, I turn around quickly, waving as I do.

"I-I will..."

I make my way toward the carriage. Paul stood there looking at me with a modest expression of pride.