Chapter 6: Parental guide

*A/N*

Jumping straight into it!

***Chapter Begin***

A ball of mud comes hurdling at the seemingly young kid

A ball of mud comes hurdling at the seemingly young kid. Before the ball of mud could make an impact, I caught it and dropped it on the floor. Anger was apparent on my face as the kids looked at me in fear.

I shake my hand, getting the residual mud stuck to my hand.

"H-hey! Who are you?!" one of the snot nose kids said, holding another ball of mud in his hand.

"Yeah! This ain't got nothing to d with you! Stay out of it!"

Rudy finally makes his way down.

"Hmph, how lame, bullying," Rudy says pointing at them.

"Two of you now? What are you guys, an ally of the demons or something?"

I let out a sigh. Seeing as they were more around Rudy's age, I'll let him do the talking.

"You're up, Rudy. I'm going to take the kid off to the side where they are safe."

Rudy nods his head turning to the group of bullies. I walk up to the hooded kid and place my hand on their shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked in a concerned tone, looking down at them.

The hooded kid kept their head down a bit, nodding slightly. I could see a bit of their hair sticking out of the mud and it was green.

I could hear Rudy giving off a hero speech from behind.

"I'm no ally to the demons," Rudy said. "I'm an ally to the weak."

After he said that he gave off this goofy sneer, I happened to turn around at that moment to see. I curled my lips up a bit, and look at him slightly concerned.

"He got the anime protagonist scene set up nice..." I said lowly to myself.

The other boys steel themselves, drawing themselves up as if they were in the right. "Don't try to act tough! That big kid is out of the way now!" one of them snapped.

"Hey, wait, they are that one knight's kids!"

"Heh! This one here is just a baby! The older brother must be a wuss if he's letting his brother fight for him."

I let out another sigh.

Kids will always say the boldest things.

Rudy looked perplexed a bit after they figured out who we were.

"You sure the son of a knight should be doing this sort of thing, huh?" one of the other boys say.

"See, I told ya that knight was on the demons' side!"

"C'mon, let's get the others!"

"Hey, guys! We've got a couple of weirdos here!"

I turned my head back around hearing one of the kids call for backup. I stood up a bit, placing the young kid behind me to shield. Rudy stood there, his knees looked to be shaking a bit, but he looked overall fine.