•Chapter 17•

Rhys' P.O.V

I don't know what the fuck was wrong with me. Why does my mind wander off to Ava in the middle of nowhere? Why do I suddenly find that fragile woman beautiful? Why do I suddenly want to be with her all day long?

I know I shouldn't feel that way towards her. I did not have any time for any useless relationships. If I bring a woman in my life, there's a high chance of him kidnapping her.

That was the reason why I always wanted a strong woman, who would be able to protect herself, but instead I keep thinking about Ava, who could not even kill a small insect.

If I want to keep her safe, I should stay out of her life.

A night of laughter doesn't change anything. I would make sure it doesn't.

We would be the way we were before yesterday happened. Cold, aloof and enemies.

Even if I have an undeniable attraction towards that woman.

"Rhys?" Stella called out to me from the living room, breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing there? Come, sit with us."

Stella, Chris, Nessa and Ace were sitting around the living room after we had finished our breakfast. Ava had gone to take a shower and I was in the kitchen without any apparent reason.

"Coming." I walked out to them and just then Ava came into our vision with a towel wrapped around her head.

"Nessa, did you steal my hair brush again?"

"No." Her best friend said.

"I can't seem to find it anywhere." She muttered which was quite audible and turned around to leave when Stella stopped her.

"Wait! I think I saw your hair brush on Nessa's dressing table."

Nessa gasped dramatically, "Why were you inside our room? Don't you have basic etiquettes? You shouldn't enter a couple's room without their permission."

Stella and Ava rolled their eyes in sync and muttered, "Drama queen." under their breaths.

Chris and Ace were trying their best to control their laughter while I was looking at them with amusement.

"For your information, I didn't enter your room, I just peeked inside it because it was open and because I wanted to call you."

"Oh! I had just taken your brush because I couldn't find mine anywhere."

"You always say that. Learn to make your lies more believable, Nessa." Ava said.

Ava stopped right in front of Nessa and looked down at her with her one brow raised and her hands on her ass.

"Uh-do I have to return it back?" Nessa asked.

"Yes."

"But, you have so many of them. Just pick whichever you want and use."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to. Now, get up and get me my brush right now."

Nessa sighed and stood up from the couch, moving towards the stairs and disappearing inside their room.

Stella chuckled and busied herself in making a conversation with her best friend. I just stared at Chris and Ace as they conversed about a new video game.

Moments later, Nessa stomped down and threw the hair brush at Ava who was so busy in conversing that she didn't notice the hair brush coming her way, but I did.