•Chapter 2•

Rhys' P.O.V

It had been a few days since we graduated from the Northeastern University. We were just sitting inside my bedroom, doing absolutely nothing, when Christian suggested to play ice hockey with some of our mates.

As I was always up for ice hockey, we settled ourselves inside our expensive cars and sped off towards our personal rink.

I took a quick shower, changed and made some quick calls to call the guys while those two idiots were still showering.

It was a match between Dark Riders versus Diamondback, that is, me against Liam. Liam loved to challenge me, so I decided to give him a chance.

We entered the rink, after wearing our skates and helmets. Michael who was the referee, did the toss, which was won by Liam. He chose to defend.

Huh! Bad choice, buddy.

Nick was the goaltender, Ace was at the left wing while Christian decided to be at the right wing, Ronan and Vince were the defencemen and I chose to play centre forward.

The whistle blared, indicating that the game had started. I passed the puck to Christian, which was then passed over to Ace, who was already near the goal.

Ace swung his stick and made the puck fly straight off to the net and that earned us a point.

This was all quite nostalgic. We all used to play the same way in our school days. I was the captain of ice hockey in Westwood High and we used to win every goddamn time.

Westwood High was famous for its ice hockey competitions. And that earned us applause and envy, both.

I was enjoying the game, and we were two points ahead of Diamondback, until Liam decided to strike me with his stick, twice, on the back of my neck. They even used their powers to score points. Bloody cheaters.

"Are you okay?" Ace asked after Michael announced the second break.

"Yeah! I healed." I nodded before taking a sip of water.

"They are playing dirty, Rhys." Vince spoke while banging his stick on a nearby bench.

"Calm down, Vince. If they are playing dirty, then we will play dirtier." I smirked while looking at Ace and he winked back after he got my message.

"Stop smirking, you idiots. That scares the shit out of me."

"Then that's a good thing that you are on my good books."

"True." All of us laughed.

We got on the rink after fifteen minutes of talking and laughing. As I said, if they were playing dirty, we would play dirtier.

So, all of us used our powers to score more points. After playing for maximum ten to fifteen minutes, we only needed one more point to win.

James, from the other team, used his power to pass the puck to Matteo, who then advanced to score a point. However, he was interrupted by Ace, who teleported in front of him.

Ace, then passed the puck over to Ronan. I skated near the goal before Ronan passed the puck to me. I stared at Liam, who was skating towards me, dead in the eye after hypnotizing Noah, the goalie.

When Liam was a few feet away, I swung the puck with all my strength. My power came in handy because the puck flew through the net.

"Yay! We won." Vince cheered, skating towards me, not before intentionally bumping into Liam, who was shooting daggers at us. Huh! Fucking loser.

I saluted Michael with two fingers before skating off towards the rest of the team. We all took a quick shower and changed out of our jersey and shorts. I wore a white fitted v-neck and black pants.