The ex husband.

Nora after breaking up with her abusive husband, she found a house far away from where she was living with him and she tried to start a new life on her own while healing the emotional wounds that her marriage caused her. 

She had a very difficult divorce because her ex husband wasn't willing to let her go but after some pressure from Nora's lawyer, his lawyer adviced him to accept because she could file charges against him for previous improper behaviour.

Nora felt that she was finally free and she thought that everything would improve from now on, as long as he stays far away from her. He could no longer hurt her, in any way. 

The house she found was very beautiful with a big yard, the only problem was that it was a little bit further from the other homes in the village. In order to feel more safe, she bought a German Shepherd from a pet shop in the center of the village. 

She brought the dog home and thought a lot of the name that she would give him. After, she saw in the tv, the first Rocky movie, she turned at her dog and told him that from now on, i will call you Rocky. 

Nora never had a pet in her life and she wasn't used to his presence. She didn't know how she should treat him, so she was a little bit cold towards him but Rocky was always really cute and slowly he was breaking the wall around her. Some days, when she had him outside, she could hear him barking in the yard and she was thankful that she found this home in a distance from the others because they might complain for him.

Every Tuesday, she had planned to do a thorough cleaning of her house and she was leaving the dog outside but because he was returning and she couldn't do much with him inside the home, she decided to put a chain around his neck while she was cleaning to keep him out, so that he doesn't bother her and that way she could do everything at her own pace. One Tuesday and while she had the vaccum cleaner turned on, she noticed a movement behind her and she suddenly saw her ex husband in front of her, looking furious. She panicked and stepped back but when he came at her, she left a scream. 

The dog heard her scream but couldn't get to her easily because she had him chained. She fought a lot with her husband when he finally hit her head hard and left her unconscious. He was so angry with her and he wanted to make her pay for choosing to leave him. He grabbed a flammable liquid and he spilled it everywhere around her and on her but before he do anything more, Rocky freed himself and run inside the house. 

When Rocky saw what was happening, he approached the man and showed him his teeth, then he jumped over him and threw him to the floor and started biting him. The man was punching with all his power the dog so that he leaves him alone and just after he managed to push him a little bit further, he stood up and run away. Rocky followed him till a certain point outside but suddenly he changed his direction and returned to Nora. 

Rocky noticed how fragile she looked while she was on the floor and that she wasn't moving and at the beginning he touched with his nose her face but then he started licking her, hoping to wake her up. After some minutes, Nora opened her eyes, looked around and when she realised that her ex husband was no longer there, she searched for her phone. Rocky, as it was a very clever dog he understood what she was looking for and rushed to grab the phone with his mouth and bring it to her.

Nora called the police and they arrived with an ambulance at her home. A week later, the police managed to catch the ex husband and he was sentenced to jail for more than 20 years and he got locked up for good. 

Rocky now was considered a hero and after everyone have learned what happened in the village, they were stopping at the streets to look at him and they were giving to Nora food and dog toys for him.

Nora, one day following the incident and while she was walking down the road with Rocky on the lease, she stopped, she lowered her body and looked at Rocky, straight in the eyes. She told him a big thank you and hugged him for saving her life. Rocky have helped her to open her heart again.