The police officer.

Police officer Helen Papa had seen her fair share of crime scenes and solved countless cases in her career, but nothing had prepared her for the embezzlement case she was about to take on.

The victim was a small business owner named Maya Tsira, who had hired a bookkeeper named Sara to handle the finances of her company. Sara had been with the company for over a year and had earned Maya's trust, but when Maya began to notice discrepancies in her financial records, she suspected that Sara was embezzling money from the company.

Maya asked Helen to investigate the matter and Helen knew that the work was cut out for her. She began by reviewing the financial records and found that Sara had indeed been siphoning off money from the company's accounts for the past several months.

Helen interviewed Maya's employees and found out that Sara had been living beyond her means, driving a luxury car and taking expensive vacations. She also discovered that Sara had a history of financial troubles, including a bankruptcy and several unpaid debts.

But Helen knew that she needed solid evidence to prove that Sara was the culprit. She obtained a warrant to search Sara's home and found incriminating evidence, including bank statements and receipts that showed that she had been spending company's money for personal expenses.

With the evidence in hand, Helen arrested Sara and brought her in for questioning. At first, Sara denied doing anything wrong, but when Helen presented her with the evidence against her, she broke down and confessed to the crime.

Sara had been struggling financially and had convinced herself that she was entitled to the money, she had stolen from the company. But Helen knew that there was no excuse for what she had done.

Thanks to Helen's hard work and dedication, Sara was brought to justice and Maya was able to recover the stolen funds. Helen felt a sense of satisfaction knowing that she had helped to right a wrong and bring closure to a victim of financial crime.

In the end, Helen knew that her job as a police officer was not just about solving cases, but about bringing justice to those who had been wronged. And for Maya, justice had been served.