Mia's Fate

Von takes my arms off of him. "I was just about to make him my bitch," he says with dark eyes. "What was his name?"

"I don't know," I say too quickly.

"Lying to me will get you nowhere."

I decide it's best to just be quiet. Then I decide to take advantage of where we are right now. It's not like he's going to slam me through the fish tank in front of the entire gallery.

"Let it go," I say, tapping my foot in front of me. "You're being so dramatic."

Von cocks his head to the side. His pale skin looks so cold under the blue light. Despite his wide stance, he looks completely closed off.

"I'm ready to go now," he says.

"We're not even halfway through the aquarium yet," I say as an excuse. My hands are getting clammy and I'm scouring the tanks around me for something interesting. He's going to kill me.

"You want to run into him again," Von states instead of asking.

"It's not like that!"

"Let's go find him."

Regardless of whether he gets Luca or not, I'm still getting punished as soon as we get somewhere with a bed. There's no point in having to share my pain with others. There's no point in delaying it.

Von starts towards the exit without a second look in my direction. The main floor of the aquarium is there in bright cerulean. Romero and L are standing by the arch unimpressed as Seven and Kimori grow tired of this exhibit as well.

"Is there a part where you can touch them?" Kimori asks. "I wanna touch the tentacles."

"I want the tentacles to touch me," Seven adds.

I walk ahead of them to intercept Romero. He raises an eyebrow quizzically when I get in his way. His expression still remains playful as he stares down at me.

"Don't you want to leave?" I ask. "I'm bored."

"Finally!" Romero says, running a strong hand through his hair to reveal the shaved sides. "Why don't you tell Von you want to leave? I'm sure that whipped son of a bitch will listen to you."

"I'm telling you. Why do we still have to listen to Von anyway?" Reverse psychology might actually work on him.

We walk in stride once the others join us. Seven has on a grey matching suit complete with knee-high socks. He wears a vest with the crest of some expensive French brand.

"Let's get home so we can all kiss and make up," he smiles cutely, showing his dimples and creasing his eyes.

"Poor stupid Seven." Romero reaches down and messes up the younger's fluffy brown hair. "When we get home someone's getting laid out."

"In a good way, I hope," Kimori says from beside me.

"Why didn't you tell me she was here, Conejito?"

Kimori smiles and extends a muscular arm to rub the back of his head. "I had to deal with how I felt about it first. It was hard to understand."

"So being balls deep in her helped you understand?"

Kimori stops walking for a beat then stumbles forward. "I don't know. I mean, it helped me accept it."

"Why would you say that?" I ask him with a death stare.

Knowing he was excluded has to sting. Romero is probably the most possessive out of all of the gang members. Von is a very close second.

Von pulls out a cigarette once we reach the parking lot. There are three cars with L, Von, and Romero having driven here. Before we can decide who goes where, our gang leader speaks up.