Seven's Fate

Mia killed her first gang member. We should be partying right now. I should be debating whose room to go to for the most fun.

"Are you going back to your room after? There's still champagne there too." I'm so giddy about it I can't hide anything.

Von toys with the key card in his hand instead of responding at first. He's not thinking about getting drunk on anything but Mia. He's obsessed with her.

I see hints of it in the way he looks at her. He cages her in his frozen gaze. He doesn't want anyone else to have access. It's enviable yet completely understandable.

"Let's play, c'mon!" I pull on Von's sleeve in an attempt to get him to follow me.

His charcoal dress shirt is so form fitting it barely moves. The warmth I feel through our minor contact is electrifying. I want more.

Things are about to get intense. Mia was the catalyst. I was already planning on going rogue– with Von of course. But now thanks to her, we have such a flashy distraction.

"Keep an eye on the other members for me," Von takes my hand off of him. "And keep your mouth shut."

He closes the space between us without missing a beat. He places his thumb on my bottom lip, his hand on my chin before I have a chance to speak. I nod my head with his help.

"Good boy," he dotes. "Mia has to know that she needs us, but just us... Someone should know if there's anyone coming up with a plan to get her out. Find out what they know."

I lean into Von's touch. "Aren't you tired of seeing her get hurt?" I joke.

I liked testing her, but I really don't like other men touching her. Truth is, we're all possessive over her. She needs to get stronger but she's so fragile it's risky every time.

"I am," Von looks down the hall towards where Mia went. "This'll be the last time."

Time slows when I'm standing in front of his tattooed body. I read so much faster and see things more clearly. He has apex predators and violent scenes inked into his skin. Mia gets hurt because of him and his mom.

"You feel guilty, right?" I ask, feeling his rough skin on my cheek when I smile.

Von's eyes are back on me instantly and they're icy. "Yeah... but there's pleasure in pain."

•••

I decide on Romero's room as a second option. He looks like he knows it when his eyes meet mine, hazel in color but dark. I direct mine to the mini fridge, then walk straight up to it as opposed to his large body.

I really like how royal and gilded his suite looks. Even the handle of the fridge is gold. There is a vibrant cheetah print rug covering the floor from here to there and the same bold pattern is on his bedding. Every time I come here, I feel like I'm in a kingdom.

"Get out," Romero barks over.

"Aw, we both know neither of us wants that," I say as I make my way closer to him. "Drink with me."

He's never been able to refuse me.

I want to lay on his bed but we're sat on his animal print dining chairs. We make easy work of the six-pack in the fridge. Soon the champagne is half empty as well and room service is on the way.

Yesterday was Romero's turn to help me with my hair so I'm guessing he's going to ask me to help him with his soon. He'll probably cut it. I fear him doing something drastic like going bald. We're on the run from the police so it's second nature to change up our appearances. But a bald head would tarnish Romero's Greek god facade.