A G Squad Wakeup

Present time with Gen & Seph...Sephiroth POV

I wake to hear a loud commotion outside. Genesis grumbles tiredly as he wakes up as well. "What's that ruckus?" He grumbles as he sits up.

"I'm not sure." I answer him while sitting up as well and then yawning, despite the fact that I'm still slightly sore from before.

"We should probably find out." He says to me and I nod before we get up and get dressed.

We head outside to find a group of Genesis Copies being yelled at by a glasses wearing female Genesis Copy. "Oh, it's just Athena yelling at the other Copies." Genesis tells me.

"Hiya, General!" Athena greets with a salute as the other Copies bow subserviently before Genesis.

"Greetings Master." The other G Copies say to him in unison, unnerving me in the process.

"Do all of them aside from Athena call you master?" I ask Genesis while feeling slightly disturbed.

"Excluding Pallas, yes." He answers me, not exactly looking any happier about the fact.

"They didn't retain enough individuality to do any different." Athena says to me.

"Why are you yelling at them in the first place, Athena?" Genesis asks her.

"No reason you need to worry about, General." She assures him and he sighs in exasperation.

"If you won't answer...Pallas, why's Athena yelling at them?" He asks, still aiming the question in Athena's direction which confuses me. Until she changes form into a male while her glasses slide up onto her forehead, becoming goggles in the process.

"Apologies, General. They may have unintentionally scared Zack. He did yell quite loudly after all." Pallas answers him as one of the other copies grumbles something quietly.

"What was that, Saru?" Genesis asks him with a raised brow.

"We didn't mean to startle him. We were just bringing in a kitchen table and chairs." The copy known as Saru answers him, "And then the others all pointed their weapons at him in reflex when he came down the stairs to see what was going on in the kitchen, making him scream quite loudly and causing Athena to drag us all out here to scold us for that without letting us explain." He adds in annoyance.

"Your Copies aren't necessarily all that smart, are they?" I ask Genesis who sighs at that.

"Most of them, no." He answers me as I hear one of the other house's front doors open.

"What's going on out here so early in the morning?" Cissnei asks us with a yawn causing all of the Copies except for Pallas and Saru to flip out.

"Turk! Turk! Turk!" They all chorus while drawing their weapons and pointing them at her.

"Yikes! Genesis, please do something about them?" Cissnei says in alarm.

"Stand down. Cissnei is a friend, not an enemy, and so is the small scientist you'll see running around here at some point." Genesis orders them in an exasperated tone.

They quickly put their weapons away while looking embarrassed. "Sorry..." They all apologize to Cissnei.

"It's alright. I suppose your reaction was normal in this situation." Cissnei says to them as they still look guilty.

They all shuffle away soon after, probably feeling awkward. "Apologies for waking all of you." Saru says before running off as well.

"They certainly react to potential threats quickly." Cissnei says to Genesis.