All The Best People Are Crazy Pt. 1

The next day...Sephiroth POV

"Sephiroth!" I hear an unfamiliar voice call out to me and I turn towards the voice and look down to see a young boy with curly blonde hair.

"Don't talk to me that way. I'm Mr Sephiroth, to you." I say to the boy who doesn't look at all intimidated by me or my harsh tone.

"I haven't got a lot of time sir. Genesis is in a lot of danger." He says to me in an urgent tone and I immediately give him my full attention upon hearing that, needing to know what else he has to tell me about Genesis.

"Genesis...They found him?...Wait, what sort of trouble has he gotten himself into this time?" I quickly ask the young man in worry.

"Deepground has him. Also, my name's Chadley." He tells me.

"Well someone will pay for this." I say to him darkly.

"I agree with you. I can help you get to him. Deepground is hard to access otherwise since it's top secret." Chadley says to me and I nod before informing Cissnei of my intentions via the PHS and telling her not to interfere. She told me she'd come get us once we're out of Midgar and I agree.

I pick Chadley up and he directs me on how to get topside without getting caught before we make our way into the Shinra Building without getting caught. Once we're in one of the elevators, he uses his ID Card and clicks the button for Weapons Development.

"Why are we going down there?" I ask him in confusion.

"Only two elevators go to Deepground. One is in Hojo's Lab, and the other is in Weapons Development. Since the other group of uninvited guests will be wreaking havoc up there and you likely don't wanna be up there anyways, this is our only option." He explains to me and I growl at the mention of Hojo.

"Other group?" I ask him in confusion.

"Cloud, he and his Avalanche friends are trying to rescue Aerith from Hojo's laboratory." He tells me.

"I agree this is our only option then. Cloud...wouldn't react kindly to my presence." I say to him in agreement before the elevator dings and lets us off. I'm surprised to notice the messy state of the department and raise a brow at Chadley hoping that he'll explain it.

"There was a break in recently by some Wutai ninjas, and Scarlet was just at a board meeting and hasn't gotten back yet." He explains to me before quickly leading me to the Deepground elevator and punching in an access code for it before it opens and we step into it. The door quickly closes and the elevator begins its descent to the level that Deepground is on.

"May I ask a favor of you, Sephiroth, sir?" He asks me and I look at him when he asks me that.

"I suppose that it depends on what it is." I answer him carefully.

"There's someone known as the Restrictor, and one of my friends, the Deepground leader, is being forced into compliance due to a virus that would take effect if he or one of the other Tsviets kills the Restrictor. My friend's name is Weiss, he would've freed Genesis himself if not for the virus. If you killed the Restrictor, the virus wouldn't take effect." He explains to me.

"You want me to free Weiss." I say to him in comprehension and he nods. "Why would he care about Genesis?" I ask him in confusion as to why this Weiss would break Genesis out of Deepground himself.

"You'll see, sir." He tells me as an answer to my question and I sigh, knowing I won't get a proper answer from him on the subject, before the elevator dings and lets us off of it.

"Where's the Restrictor?" I quietly ask Chadley as we hadn't been noticed yet by anyone else here as far as I can tell.

"I don't see him yet, but we probably will when we try to get Genesis out." He tells me and I nod in understanding before letting Chadley lead me towards a door to a VR Chamber and I see the warning flashing on the screen. My eyes widen in alarm at the sight of the words flashing on the screen as I realize that Genesis is trapped in the VR Chamber at this very moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...