Back From the Dead Tonight!

At the same time as Seph's escape & Genesis being found...Gongaga Area..Angeal POV

"Genesis...Sephiroth...So you're both alright as well." I say to myself before hearing someone else land behind me and immediately know that it's Lazard.

"You're a hard man to track down, General Hewley." The former director of SOLDIER says to me as I turn around to face him.

"I apologize for the inconvenience, Director Lazard." I say to him and he shakes his head at me.

"Zack saved Genesis. He's not degrading anymore." Lazard tells me while watching me to gauge my reaction to the news.

"I see. Do you have any news on Sephiroth? I can sense him as well." I say to him and he looks at me in surprise upon hearing that before shaking his head in response.

"However, I do fear that Zack may be running headfirst into an ambush by Shinra." He informs me and I frown in worry for him.

"I...I'm not ready to face him right now. To face any of them, Lazard." I admit to the man who was once my superior.

"I fully understand that, Angeal. Should we head towards Midgar to ensure that Zack doesn't get himself killed though?" He asks me and I nod before we both take flight to make our way towards the city of Midgar.

I just hope that my friends and Zack can forgive me for my previous cowardice, and for abandoning them when they needed me most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...