27 - Undercover Fujoshi

Start from the beginning

"Your arm!" The tip of her cane rammed into my shoulder, sending a piercing pain up my limb.

"Your legs!" She hurled the side of her stick onto the back of my knee, forcing it slightly forward. I yelped.

"Be quiet, and remember this posture." She commanded harshly. I nodded.

"Don't move your head!" She smacked my forehead thrice with the demon stick. I bit down the yelp. Her stick reluctantly withdrew at my obedience.

"Good. Now stand."

I shot up with my back pin-straight and my arms tightly clamped to my sides.

"Bow, using the posture I just taught you."

"Where are your eyes, are you trying to stare right into His Majesty's forehead? Look down!"

"I said, your hand must emulate a feather!"

"Why is your back so bent? Are you already as old as me? Do you need assistance to go to the potty?"

"Your head looks as if you were just robbed by lowly thieves! I said your eyes must be down, not your blasted head! Have you no ears? Or perhaps a mind that simply cannot process simple instruction?"

I bit the inside of my lip and cried imaginary tears. Whimpering, one thought came to mind. She's worse than Mother...

----

The end of the lesson ended with a bout of reprimands. I shed inward tears and left the ballroom with throbbing palms, a sore back, and shaky knees.

Collapsing on the soft bed, I groaned in weariness. The royal family should be condemned for abuse of minors. I don't wanna go tomorrow...

When I woke up in the morning, the same serene and blithe maid came to deliver my breakfast served on the silver platter. She told me that the bath was ready, infused with a perfume she believed best suited me, and left with quiet steps. My initial impression of her was gone and was replaced by nothing less than a harbinger of torture.

I choked and sucked down the pastries lacklusterly. When I arrived at the venue, I saw Madam Rosé standing in the same rigid pose she was yesterday. Shivers crawled down my spine as I inched towards her with tepid steps.

"Young Lord, walk faster." The same words were uttered by her thin lips and I immediately sped up my walking pace. I felt like a newborn fawn wandering into a wolf's den. I wanted to sob from the pain I felt on the palm of my left hand.

"Let's begin." The demon stick struck the ground and her upturned glasses glinted with frightening light.

----

In and out, the strikes to the palms to my hand and the blatant abuse of my knees grew harsher and harsher. I dragged myself in and out of the ballroom with legs that seemed to want to weep and bawl in exhaustion. Finally, the sixth day had arrived.

I stepped into the ballroom with a wobbling gait. Madam Rosé stood, in the same place she always stood.

I felt a bitter feeling overcome me. The last day...! The last day of my suffering! Long live the king, I can finally escape this abusive hell! There is nothing better than beautiful rays of sunshine in the morning! So what if they're not convicted of breaking and entering! Ahhh, life is beautiful, everyone is beautiful, we should all hold hands and praise the goddess...!

"Young Lord, walk faster." She ordered. I practically ran to where she stood. The last day! The last day! echoed in my mind over and over, and my heart originally overshadowed with despondency and darkness finally saw the light.