♥♠𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 1: Act 5 ♣♦

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓜𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮!"

"𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓜𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮!"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

After the gang got the chestnut baskets, they immediately headed towards the school kitchen where they'll meet Trey to start the tart making. "Welcome back. I see you got all the chestnuts." Trey greeted.

"With this, we can make a huge tart!" Grim grinned. "Peeling all this is going to be a challenge, but, let's get to it." Trey said. "All of this... There's no end in sight..." Deuce sighed. "Making sweets is all about preparation." Trey stated.

"Yeah yeah, we get it! I'm so ready to get this over with!" Ace groaned. Ayaka immediately got to work, as she peeled the chestnuts at rapid speed. Everyone aside from Yuno looked at her with wide eyes.

"Ehhh!? How are you doing it that fast, Ayaka-Chan?!" Ace yelled in shock.

"Such rapid speed..." Deuce muttered.

"Does your hands feel tired from doing that?" Trey asked.

"No" Ayaka answered, still continuing. "Ayaka is always the one making desserts at home. So with her speed, she does the baking in a short amount of time." Yuno stated, peeling the chestnuts.

'Makes sense...' The fellow boys sweated.

After a long time of peeling the chestnuts, well, a short amount of time for Ayaka, everyone managed to peel all the chestnuts. "Puuaaah! We're finally done with the peeling!" Ace sighed in exhaustion.

"My arms hurt..." Deuce groaned.

"Haha. Good job. Your hard work will make it tastier." Trey complimented. "I'm full from just the smell." Grim commented, drooling from the smell.

"Next, we mix butter and sugar into the chestnut paste then add oyster sauce as the secret ingredient." Trey instructed. Everyone was a bit baffled by this information. Ayaka raised a brow at Trey's words, since the oyster sauce will be too salty for the tart to taste sweet.

"Oyster sauce!?" Ace, Deuce, and Grim yelled in unison.

"Yep. The savoriness of oysters adds depth and richness to the cream. Here's young oyster sauce with the walrus' seal of excellence. Famous patisseries use this in their tarts." Trey explained, holding the bottle of oyster sauce.

Now Ayaka really feels like Trey is just trolling them, cause no way people would use anything salty as oyster sauce to be thrown into a tart. She would know since she's an expert Baker herself, so she'd know what salty ingredients to add to balance the flavor.

"Seriously... That's a pretty salty sauce." Deuce said, not feeling sure about this. "Even chocolate gets in curry all the time... It might be good." Ace thought about it.