The moonlight betrayed me eventually as he disappeared into the thick blanket of darkness.

Perhaps, I won.
I won ?
Yes. I did.
He was not able to answer me back . That has to mean that I won right?
I got inside my room with a idiotic smile on my face this time. I couldn't possibly wipe it off. I just own an argument. With.a.king.

Okay, fine. A prince I mean. 

Agastya ~~

The moonlight reflected the confidence her eyes held. But nonetheless, I could feel her tiny frame trembling inevitably.

She answered back wittily. And instead of being infuriated, I smiled.

I find it hard to decode my own behaviour these days. I don't know what changed. But I don't feel annoyed. I am relatively more patient.

I wouldn't have imagined in my wildest of dreams. Smiling at a little girl who tries everything to go against me.

But I was. And I couldn't help myself.

Perhaps I'm not meant to.

I would've enjoyed every second if I stood back and argued some more but I could see the bags under her eyes. And the tiredness reflected back at me. Though, she tried every other method to hide that underneath her rebellious demeanour.

But I could see through it. She needed rest.
I am habituated to sleepless nights. But I know she isn't.

And I would be damned if I just kept her up for my own entertainment.

So instead of the thousand sentences clouding my mind, I just picked a simple one and asked her to go to sleep.

Ruh ~~

The morning sun peeked through the curtains and lit up the room.

Did I oversleep? Was I late ?
I would probably have to get ready as soon as I can and go outside to answer either of those questions.

Following my morning routine I removed the curtains slightly to peek outside.
And I was this close to having a heart attack.

Aksh looked back at me with a questionable look. I could feel my cheeks heating up at the embarrassment I just offered myself.

" What are you doing ? Wait, are you scared to come out ? Really ? " ....aksh said as he laughed.

I smiled sheepishly, trying to overcome the second hand embarrassment.

" Am I ? Ha-ha."
" I was here to tell you about what you'll be doing today. "

I straightened myself and focused on what he had to say. I can be asked to do hard chores. I can be given tough tasks. But I'll have to be ready.

I prepared myself to hear what he was about to say next. Nervousness clouded my mind but I put it aside and focused on his words when he said.......

" You can roam around the palace with Jihan and get familiar with everything. "

What ?
What did he just say ?
Wasn't I hired to do some jobs ?
He just asked me to roam around ?
Wow. Interesting.

I kept looking at him hoping he would say it was a joke he cracked. But he kept looking back at me with a smile until I was the one to break the staring contest.

I cleared my throat and asked him once again.
" You're sure I don't have to do anything? I can just be free ? "
He nodded.
" You mean I can just roam around the whole place ? "
He nodded vigorously.
" And i can have Jihan with me too ? "
He nodded.
" And......"

He interrupted me and joined his hands in a praying manner.

" Yes you can, lady. You can do anything you want and go anywhere. Would you stop now ? My neck hurts from nodding so damn much. Moreover, I'm getting late. I have to attend to his majesty or he will come searching for me and trust me, the consequences are bad. Really bad." .....he said with a hurried tone and worried smile.

I should probably let him go now.
" Yeah. You can go. " ...I said as I watched him turn his heels.

" Oh! Hey wait ...."

He turned back and nodded so as to indicate to me that he was listening.

" Where can I find you if I get lost ? " ....i asked hesitantly. I hope he doesn't laugh at me for that.

" Oh. Trust me you won't. You have people searching for you even when you're not lost." ....he winked at me and went away.

What was that supposed to mean ? I looked at his retreating back with a puzzled look on my face.

Aksh ~~~

It doesn't take a genius to figure out the prince's behaviour.
He called me late at midnight and for what ?

" Don't assign any work to her tomorrow. " ...He straightaway ordered.
"But......" ...I tried to speak.
" You're dismissed." ....and he retreated to his room.

Those are the exact words he told me. He didn't even tell me what I should ask her to do if not work.

I figured it out later this morning that I would probably ask her to roam around and do whatever. I am just hoping that isn't a bad decision. She seems cautious and mature.

First he appointed her saying that the mud-laden hare was  "well taken care of".
Next he just asks me to have no work assigned to her.

And cherry on top. I can see how restless he is as he looks around everywhere trying to find.......

Well, like I said. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

My words earlier meant the same. She is afraid she will get lost. Who's gonna tell her?
That his almighty is searching for her even when she is not lost.

But I have no business coming in between that. I like ruh.
She's cheerful and lively, witty at the same time.

I thought about my sister when I first saw her. The one I lost just because I wasn't good enough to be a responsible brother.

I could see her feeling out of place here. But I would do everything to make her comfortable.
She reminds me too much of something I lost. And I will not repeat the same mistake twice.

***************************************************************************

Hey there!! Hope you're enjoying it. Please don't be a silent reader. Comment and let me know what you think. And vote. Don't be so shy 🌚✨