Chapter 29 - Standing Up To Her

Start from the beginning

He looked through the drawers in the other bedroom for some clothes he had kept there, then made his way downstairs.

When Angela saw him, she couldn't help but remember how hurt he was the previous day. Without making it too obvious that she was worried about him, she greeted him like she normally did and he had completely masked his pain.

He then told her he was going for a run but as soon as Olivia would wake up or anything would happen, she should call to inform him.

~

Mr Philip had knocked on Natalie's bedroom door several times but there was no response but he didn't give up. He needed to check on his heartbroken daughter.

When she finally responded, it was only to tell him to go away and her tone was as if she was in tears. It was more than enough for him to get the spare key to check on her.

When he walked in, he found her on the floor with most of the furniture scattered.

He rushed to her and right away noticed her puffy eyes. He crouched down in front of her and she didn't even pay attention to him.

"Oh, my child, did you even get any sleep? Just look at you."

"Everyone is obviously making fun of me."

"I'm not. Stop feeling that way."

"I could've woken up as Ethan's wife today. It was all because of Olivia."

He sighed to control his irritation. "You need to stop saying that."

"It's because of her that Ethan didn't marry me. She planned everything and called at that moment."

"Natalie-"

"She had been waiting for that day to ruin it all for me."

"No, y-"

"I'll make her pay for ruining my big day a-"

"Will you stop blaming Olivia?" he yelled as he held onto her shoulders.

With wide eyes, she shook her head. "Why should I when she's responsible for what's happening to me?"

"Because she's not the one who left you at the altar!"

It took a while for her to speak as she thought about it but soon, she forced herself to chuckle. "If not for that phone call, Ethan would've never left."

"Why do you have to be this way? He didn't care enough to put you first and I saw that for a long time. He didn't even call you to explain himself yesterday. Don't hold onto something that's not even there. For my sake and yours, have some self-respect."

Her lower lip quivered and as soon as she burst into tears, he wrapped his arms around her and she held onto his arms and bawled her eyes out.

He then affectionately told her that she needed to walk away as it would greatly help her move on, since it was clear that not anytime soon, or ever, would she get married to Ethan.

~

Angela had come up to the bedroom to watch over Olivia and it took a while for her to open her eyes so when she did, Angela got in her face with relief as she expressed how worried she was.

Olivia could only speak in a low tone and the first thing she said did not even come as a surprise.

"Did Ethan really sleep in the same bed with me last night?"

Angela chuckled, then suddenly turned serious as she nodded and narrated to her all that led to him ending up there. She explained all that had happened between Ethan and his mother when he stood up to her. Unable to help it, Angela demonstrated it all with dramatic expressions.