Chapter 15

I'm dreaming, but I can't move. It's just sleep paralysis I tell myself but the monster creeps closer above our bed on the ceiling. 

"Are you three okay? You look like shit." Jack says finally snapping me out of it, Cam gets up grabbing water bottles for all of us. "Morning." He says before going to the bathroom, Olly is next to me with a pillow squeezed by his arms, I pat and rub his head and he groans. "Was it a fun night out?" He asks and I nod trying to get on my feet but falling back on the mattress. 

Eventually we get sober and alert enough to see a large gash on Jack's chest, "What the hell happened?!" Cam yells grabbing the kit from below his bed, Jack sits down on the table unzipping his jacket and taking off his shirt. "I should've told you this before but the leviathans are planning an attack, because of me." He says slightly laughing, Cam patches him up and we talk about it.

"Listen I was trying to piss them off by rebelling but they're the ones who kicked me out." He tells us crossing his arms and his tail swaying over the edge. "I've tried contacting Michael, sigils, spells, rituals. Nothing's working." Jack tells us looking like he's about to break. Eventually we calm him down enough so a few quiet shaking sobs come out of him. "How do we shank them?" Olly asks Cam, raising an eyebrow, I'm surprised he's paying attention to our discussion. "There's no way, unless you want to sacrifice yourself and lock yourself in there with them. But you need a special weapon to do that." Jack explains, Cam works on his stuff for Odin as we three discuss a solution, I guess it's too much for Cam. 

We hear a knock from the door and Cam peers into the window, he looks somewhat horrified. "Go into the other room and lock yourself in there." He says and we do, I overhear them talking, then screaming, and then Cam gets flinged through the wooden door smashing it into pieces. I make sure he's okay and the two who I assume are Leviathans take Jack, Cam tries to run to him but I hold his wings back tight. 

"Please…let me go, he's gonna…die." Cam says sobbing quietly gripping my shoulder as tight as he can. "It's okay, we'll find him. And we will kill them." I tell him rubbing his back, Olly hugs him too, telling him it'll be okay. I don't know if it's going to be okay. 

Then it starts to rain, black gooey leviathan rain. And the true forms of them rush into the campus, Ares runs out of it with a bunch of the students. "What the hell is that?!" He screams as we run out of the dorm, Cam slices the head off one splattering Ares with the goo. "Thanks Cam, what are those things?!" Ares asks in a panicked tone as more students come out. "Leviathans, beasts of christian mythology, I guess there was a way they got in and here we are now. Can we go inside?" Cam asks, I can't tell if he's joking or not. "Hell no! I'm not letting you get hurt, kid!" Ares tells him gripping his arms but Cam pulls back from him, his face is full of anger and disagreement,

I follow Cam inside the leviathan infested school with the walls dark as ink. "Youre not going to kill yourself just to save us…are you?" I ask him in a worried tone as tears prick my eyes. "No, there's another way, there has to be." He says in a determined voice as we go through the school. We have to slice and stab our way through the creatures, his angel blade covered in the stuff with the gold barely showing. 

We pass through the unfamiliar and nostalgic halls splattered with black, I look to Cam whos wiping something off his face and onto his shirt collar. The lights above have been completely shattered leaving crunching pieces of glass across the slick floor. They crack and crunch below our uniform shoes, it looks like something you would see out of a horror movie. 

"Why are you quiet? Are you trying to pray to Michael?" I ask him and he nods as we go further into the school, up the stairs and into a closet. "Borax? What's that gonna do?" He grabs some borax covering the blade in some, "It won't kill em, but it'll hurt like hell." He says tossing my knife back, one ambushes us and the blade goes right through its neck like butter. 

We get to the library and he starts searching through stacks of books and papers in a hidden drawer. They have sketches of beasts and creatures on them and are covered in what I assume is blood. The language though is something I can't understand, and must be enochian. He pulls one out flipping to a page with a double edged blade. 

"This is what we have to get, but it's destroyed…" He rambles on combing through his messy hair drenching it in black. "I need you a quiet space." He tells me flipping through it still, I find the back exit where me and Hel chill sometimes and he comes over. Cam pulls out a vial from his keychain dumping its contents in a small silver bowl. He cuts a gash on his left hand with his angel blade hissing in air, "I need you to do this part, it hurts too much." The blade slides across his wings and a bright white liquid pours from it, I have to keep him steady to not pass out. 

I hope he's not doing what I think he's doing, he puts his blade in the mixture coating it. He focuses on it as it glows and so do his eyes, in a flash there's the same double edged blade that was in the books. "If I don't come back, tell Ares that he should replace me with Olly." He says as tears sting my cheeks, we hug for what seems like an eternity but he lets go first. "And to you, smile more, it looks good on you." I let go. He goes on the roof and there's someone their, it looks like Jack but he's taller and dressed in a leather jacket. 

In one swoop he stabs him in the shoulder and there's a bright light emitting from them, the last thing I see is Cam being eaten by it. 

I drop to my knees and the goo remains, Ares comes running up behind me and looking at the pool of it, "He didn't- Did he?" The god asks with a shaken tone putting a hand on my back. I nod leaning into his touch, he kisses me on my forehead and tells me it's okay. We go back to my dorm. 

I don't see Olly anywhere, or anyone, besides me or Ares. I feel guilty, shameful, horrible and empty now. What am I going to tell his mom, or worse his dad. I dial Rowena's number, the tears stopping themselves, "Mrs. MacLeod, your son is-" It takes hours for her to calm down, we cry into eachothers shoulders holding ourselves tight. 

Then comes his dad, "I tried to stop him, you know." I tell him, his wings wrap around me and I feel a sense of overwhelming calmness. I guess that's what an archangel can do. "You know our family, eyes are bigger than our stomachs, he'll be back, trust me." And just like that everyday blurs together without him, it's not the same cheery mood as it used to be with him. 

I still hear him sometimes, and the nightmares, oh god the nightmares.

End~