Chapter 12

I wake up sometime in the night, but it's still dark out. I can hear Cam talking to someone on the phone, from what little information I get it's a girl. My mind doesn't go to him cheating, instead curiosity. "I just think we should find that weapon asap, I know you hate her. There's no weapon in the world that can kill someone who's dead! The best is to send them to your realm, we can't bind her to something. We can talk later okay? Alright bye." He says and I fake sleep, the skill that i've mastered a long time ago when mom would talk to dad about my birthday presents, 

My eyes flutter open to see Cam lying asleep, his wings wrapped around me making my body warm up. "Good morning babe." He wipes his eyes and yawns my name, I smell pancakes and chocolate. Ares must be making breakfast, I go in the kitchen to see Ares tied up and Dio making a stack of chocolate pancakes. "Oh morning you two, sleep well?" He does not even mention the raging god that's bound. I smile and give him and the god a wave, Ares glares at me with eyes yellow as a sunset. 

"What's up with him?" Cam asks nonchalantly like he's seen this before. He slides a leaning tower of chocolate pancakes with whipped cream with a strawberry, sprinkles and chocolate drizzle. I notice the table is set up nicely with a glass of orange juice to my right. I look at my boyfriend and he shrugs at me, he gives Ares the same thing and unties him. "I hate you." He enunciates every word, spitting them out like venom from a snake. Dio keeps smiling and makes his own, "You know we're like one big dysfunctional and happy family now." He says which the god of war rolls his eyes to. "It's your last day here before you go back and do prom. I wanted to do something special." He whines at us, Cam is already digging in and so do I. It's really good, like way better than I expected. 

I wonder what we're going to do today? Maybe hiking enjoy the fair weather? "The food makes up for you tying me up, you know I hate being restrained." Ares says in a tone I cant distinguish, the pancakes are really sweet.

"So why was he tied up exactly?" Cam asks Dio as he takes a big bite of the pancakes, "He was being bothersome, he didn't appreciate me sneaking in here, besides he likes being tied up!" The god of wine finishes before Ares makes a comeback, "I DO NOT!" He screams at him slamming his fork deep into the wooden part of the table. "You're paying for that." He says calmly not flinching at his angered state, I like when those two argue. It's like a tennis match watching the ball get hit back and forth.

It's like what he said, a big happy dysfunctional family. I finish the unimtimating stack of pancakes. We take a tour of the treasure room, with rusted swords, shining brass, and emeralds as green as Cam's eyes. It's boring, I wander off into another one of the showings. It's a big aquarium. Like the one mom took me to when I was a little teeny bopper. "What are you doing here?" A familiar voice asks me, its Lexus, my half brother, he was born when my mom and the god of the sea hooked up. 

"Bored, what about you?" I ask him as we both take a seat on the bench, "I've been fine myself, solved cases, saved people from the lies of the world." Lexus says looking at his watch. He's dressed in a fine cobalt suit with buttons more silver than metal. I wonder if he knows about Cam, or if he knows Ares is with us. "Are you here with mom or your demi-god boyfriend?" He asks me, well that's one of those down, "He has a name you know, its Camiel." A lot of people come over basically paparazzing Lexus and I get separated from him. 

The camera flashes are bright and fast, I get kicked out with people pushing me trying to get in. I end up walking back to the treasury room, and through the alley way. I feel some drops of water on my head and I look above at the tall buildings, Lexus scales down then landing like a cat on his feet. "I hate the cameras, they just want to interview me cause my pop is famous. And I hate that." He says as we arrive at the vault of treasure, "I believe this is your stop, say hello to mom for me sis." He says before jumping up parkouring his way up the buildings and vanishes into the fading sun.

Cam and Ares come out just in time as I walk in, "Hey babe where were you?! I looked everywhere for you, I thought you were godnapped!" He brushes the hair out of my face looking worried and fearful as ever. "Oh I was just seeing the aquarium, you guys were fangirling about a random statue and I got bored." I tell both of them and Ares lights one up, the familiar scent coming back to me, dad used to smoke too but I got him out of the habit. 

"It's not some random statue, it's my statue." Ares says blowing a puff of smoke out, I can see his nostrils flare through the smoke. I snort at his comment, what a narcissist. We go home packing up our stuff, ready to travel back to our more familiar dorms. I call Dio and he picks up, "What do you need? I'm kinda busy at t- the moment." He says, I pray to dad that it isn't what I think he's doing. "We're ready to be picked up, can you come get us soon?" I ask him, he says yes that hell be here in a few. 

A few minutes later his chariot screeches in front of the hotel nearly crashing, he seems terrified, his face looking pale. We get in and he hauls ass, I guess whatever he was doing was important. "Everything okay there, grumpy pants?" Ares asks him, he nods taking a few deep breaths, he hands him his cigarette and he takes it in his lips blowing smoke soon after, "You two kids stay in here while I talk to Odin, okay?" We nod at his question as we go for the most tense and awkward ride to school ever, me and Cam end falling asleep on each other. 

I hope we don't get in trouble, or worse, expelled.