Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I draw my boot back so that the blade is fully extended on it, "You ready with that thing?" I ask him, he nods once and we begin, he runs towards me and I dodge out of the way, his katana barely cutting my cheek. He's really serious about it, I trip him with my blade cutting his ankle. He hisses air in and looks up at me, "Done so soon, I thought y- oh come on!" He stretches his wings out hovering above me, sharp golden feathers come my way. I take the hit as they get stuck in my arm, the sharp sting of it hurts but I continue. Cam swings his katana again and he misses, there's nothing I can do about him using his wings and flying. It's sort of unfair.

When he gets close I try to slice him with my blade, it's no use, I pop it out of my boot and wait for an oppurtunity to strike. When he's swooping in for the hit I strike and dodge, the first knife whizzes past him but the second one stabs his leg. "Cam! You okay, I'm sorry!" I say to him as he falls to the ground. "No, no I'm fine, can you carry me back to the dorm?" He asks and I nod, he puts his hand around my shoulder to balance himself as we head back. "Your feathers are sharp." I tell him, he surprisingly smiles at my comment as I put his leg on the table. "Baby I can take care of it, hand me my box under the bed." He asks me, I hand him it and he fishes out some bandages and peroxide. He grabs the knife in his leg and yanks it out, spurts of blood squirt out of his open wound.

He pours the peroxide over it and I can hear him cursing under his breath. He pats it with a clean white towel, the blood soaks through, not a lot of it though. He takes a needle and sews it, I could never do that. He stitches it carefully and expeditiously, then he pats it this time putting peroxide on the cloth and patting the stitched up wound. He cleans the tiny cut on his ankle just putting some bandages over it, Then he pats the space next to him. "Come on, do you want it over with babe or not." He says to me, of course I want it done as quickly as possible. I sit beside him and he looks at my right arm stabbed with sharp feathers. The blood pools down my arm and onto the floor.

"Do you want me to tak-" I shake my head, slowly removing the soft but dangerous appendages from my arm. Each one hurts more than the last, and the blood gushes out. I do the same thing Cam did and pour the peroxide on my arm, it stings but i've always liked it. It seems clean so I wipe the excess blood off, he hands me a needle like his and I start stitching my wounds up. They're about 1 centimeter deep from what I can tell, and the needle hurts more than the peroxide by far. Cam has his hand on my thigh looking over me while I finish up. "Wait, there's tiny cuts on your face." Cam tells me, he hands me a little mini mirror and sure enough there is. I just dab them with the towel and move on from that.

"I won't pop my stitches like last time." Cam says, I think he's talking to himself. "I'm getting in the shower? Wanna join?" He asks me, just the thought of that makes my cheeks pink. I nod looking away from him, "I'll let you get in first, I know you're shy." He says which makes me even more red, I get my stuff ready for it and head in. The water on my shoulders feels so hot, I can't remember the last time I was this calm. The soap stings on my stitches, I'm careful when washing around them. Cam comes in a few minutes later with me, "It's cramped in here, I guess it wasn't made for two people." He says laughing, I rub the raspberry soap into my soft skin. "Do you want help with that?" Cam says putting his arm around me, now I feel like my whole body is burning up.

I nod slowly as he massages the soap into my back, we get all done with that and get dressed, I wear Cam's oversized hoodie and put my hands in the stretched out pocket. We chill for a while and talk, playing with eachothers hair until the sun goes down. Me and him fall asleep with me as the big spoon. I wake up and he's not next to me, "Babe?" I call to him, he pokes his head out of the kitchen with a stack of pancakes. "Hun you didn't have to do that." I tell him while stretching, he makes a gesture with his hand for me to come to him. I sit at the table and he pushes me a plate of pancakes with bacon and eggs. "I got a lot of stuff to do today, so I might as well eat breakfast." He says munching on his food, I eat mine. He takes out his planner and begins to map out his day. I guess we have a ton of stuff to do. I get dressed after eating breakfast and check on my stitches, they're red and puffy but it's only been a day since I got them.