Chapter 10

"Hey lovebirds wake up, we have a lot of stuff on our plate today." Ares says standing over us, I get up and do my hair while Cam does a few stretches. "What are we doing if I may ask?" I ask the god who's making a pot of coffee at the moment, he points to a poster of Olympus up on the wall. I guess we aren't going to school, which is good because I owe Magni and Modi some money from them doing my work and anything that delays it is good. 

Luckily I have some spare clothes in my bag so I changed into those, it's not really formal per se but it'll work for now. Anything but the school uniform is good, that tight button up that basically suffocates my bust and the barely fitting velvet colered jacket that goes over it and dont even get me started on the skirt, that crap is so short no wonder the boys stare at us. Ares comes in while I'm changing and he doesn't give a shit about that, "I feel like you guys need a vacation from Odin, he's been kind of a hardass on you, at least that's what the kids say." He explains to me as I blush from embarrassment and frustration. "What? You're starin at me like I have six heads kid." He raises an eyebrow at me and I have to shove him out like I did with Olly and Dio back then. 

I finish changing and doing my hair so I sit with Cam and Ares at the kitchen table, he already made me a coffee and it looks like he didn't even try. I look at him and he smirks before taking a sip of his, Cams working on his paper for Odin even though this is a vacation for us, I guess he can't stop being a workaholic. Ares takes his paper and puts it on his work desk, "Hey! I was working on that!" My caffeinated boyfriend pouts and exclaims at the god who finishes his drink. I sip mine and it actually tastes good, he even went through the effort of putting whipped cream on the top and sprinkled cinnamon on there too. 

I look to the red-head again and he's fitting a new set of bandages over his stitches. I think about Olympus a bit, the noisy and busy streets and the lush quiet woods where the forest spirits and nymphs reside, and then there's the lunch place which is always busy too, just thinking about that shop makes my mouth water. "Babe he's talking to you." Cam says which takes me out of my daydream, I look to Ares who is babbling about getting a ride to Olympus, it's not like he has his own chariot, oh wait he's too lazy to use it.

"Let me text someone, I have an idea of who can pick us up." I say to shut him up from his rambling. I take out my phone and text the only reliable and least reliable person to pick up, Dionysus. I wait a few minutes and he responds with "omw this is gonna be fun". I give Ares a thumbs up and we wait outside of his dorm, "What? I gotta keep this place locked up at all times you know." He groans as each of the locks click into place, I bet Cam could pick those in like 30 seconds. 

It takes about half an hour before Dio shows up, Ares' jaw is clenched but I ignore it. "Hey, long time no see." Dio says to Ares who doesn't respond as he gets in the front and we get in the back. "So why aren't you two at school?" Dio asks us as we look at the view, "Vacation." Ares tells him as they chat, me and Cam don't pay much attention to the two as I look at the amazing view, normally I would be scared of heights and Dio horrible driving but looking outside keeps me from worrying about that. We travel through the blue skies and plow through clouds, it's a long ride there, even longer if Cam was flying. Olympus isn't what it's portrayed at, yes the mountain has temples but we rarely reside there, we only go there if someone requests it or some other reason. The thing I'm really excited about? Seeing my mom again and her motherly love. 

I lean against him resting my head on his shoulder, it's warm, I guess he's used to the cold winds up here. My darling looks at me with a half smile, I bet he's daydreaming about something, I'll just tap into his head for a minute. A warm fuzzy feeling bubbles up inside as I imagine the food Ares made last night, I guess he wasn't lying about always being hungry. Then I hear something that surprises me, he's thinking of how to kill something that's already dead, a weapon of some sorts that could end a giantess. I don't know if he knows that I'm in his head but it would be best not to tell him. He's with Hel in some kind of dark place discussing something, by the way she's talking she really wants this giantess dead, or as she says it, her head on a silver platter. I tap out of his thoughts and back into my own, I wonder what that wolf was going to do to Cam, I wonder what the black wolf would have done if Ares didn't bust down the door, I think he killed a couple of people just to even get to us, that brings up a time where I was captured by a mortal, I could've gotten my white covered hands dirty but I didn't know my full power back then. Ares came in and sliced his head off, covering me with that crimson liquid that shone in the moonlight.