Chapter 11

I wake up somewhere comfy with Cam holding me in his arms, I open my tired eyes as my head pounds. It's the hotel room that Ares got, I get up and trip on my own feet. "You better stay in there darlin, you seem pretty sloshed." Ares rolls his eyes at me helping me up on my feet and on the couch, there's a few plastic water bottles and some Aspirin, I gulp 2 down and wash it away with some of the water. It burns on the way down, I look to Cam back on the bed and he's sprawled out on the bed wings over the frame of it. He looks like a fallen angel that fell from grace onto a bleach white floor with streaks of golden blood strewn across it.

"Your moms been buzzing you for an hour straight," Ares tells me, straightening his velvet school jacket, "Told her you were getting some beauty rest." He tells me taking a sip of his espresso. I really wish I could have some of that right now. He slides me my phone, 6 missed calls from mom, I run myself a shower putting it on the hottest setting. It burns in a good way, the water pours on me like a never ending storm. Styling my hair this morning is hard, everything is discombobulated, and like that I make a messy bun out of my medium chocolate hair somehow. Cam stumbles into the bathroom leaning on the doorframe, "H-hey." I awkwardly say to him, he looks like crap. I guess that's why he never drinks, it's a good reminder to not ruin your self image.

I don't even feel like eating breakfast, I'd just puke it back up. I sit on the marble table with Ares by my side, it's cold against my bare thighs. A very selcouth thought comes to me and before I can think of it I'm saying it to Ares, "Do you still remember that time we met in the forest? Do you ever think about that." He looks at me and smirks, putting a hand on my thigh, I jump a little bit at his sudden action. "I was a good kisser then and I still am if you're wondering, you were like a dove falling in my trap." He broadly gascons me, inching his hand closer to the edge of my skirt. I lift his hand and put it back where it should belong, away from me. He stands up intertwining his hand in mine tightly, I try to pull away but he's too strong. 

It's like Cam heard my warning signals because he comes out with a towel around his waist. He pecks me on the cheek and gives Ares a dirty look, I don't blame him much. He lets go and continues whatever he is doing, I go through any miscellaneous messages and I come open one of Aphrodites, I open it not thinking much and it reads: prom next week we go shopping this sat. Shit! I completely forgot about prom, I hope she's handling the stress of it okay. I send her a thumbs up, we go out sightseeing in the busy streets, the familiar blue sky painted with streaks of white

It's good to be back home, we decide what to do and we go see my mom and her somewhat big mansion. We get to her bodyguards, every god has to have at least one, "Do you have a reservation w-'' He gets interrupted by Ares getting in his face, "Why do you think we would be here? Why don't you take your 2$ shades and shove them up your ass." He says which makes me and Cam giggle, we head inside Ares leading the way through the place. It's like Cams moms place, except with forged stuff, I guess the early bird gets the worm. I knock on her room door as the two boys wait outside, "My baby! I've missed you so much, I heard you were spending a few days here with your friends, any friends of yours," Ares and Cam pop their heads out peeking into the room, she looks at them with a piqued look then turning her attention back to me. "Well besides that hun how have you been? I haven't seen you since we picked out your prom dress, oh I heard it was next week, take lots of pictures for me okay baby?" 

She peckers me with love and affection, hugging me tight not wanting me to go with the boys. I smile at her, my cheeks hurting from it, "I've been okay, I have a lot of friends in school. Cams been okay, I know you don't like him much but he's nice I can show you!" I say to her gesturing to Cam who steps in curiously and shy as a sheep but turns confident and bold when they lock eyes. 

"My majesty, or mum, it's a pleasure to see you again. I brought flowers." Cam says making a bouquet of flowers appear from thin air, Ares steps in taking a bow and standing by the entryway. She doesn't look too impressed, "I have been treating your daughter like an angel, or well goddess." He says stuttering on his words, when someone is dating me and meets my mom you have to make sure everything goes picture perfect. We sit together on the couch talking about my grades and such, I have to lie which I hate to do but Cam does it so seamlessly that I can't even tell if he's actually telling the truth or lying.