"Those people, they deserve peace more than anyone" she continued "This campaign represents the tough kids out there fighting life with a wounded heart, a dented perspective on the world" her voice began to grow in might, as if she was standing as a guard for all in her speech "Each, and every one of you! You are important!" She pressed "You are loved!" Voices began to holler "You are enough!"

A single tear ran down my cheek, and I could see her seeking me out in the audience once again, continuing her speech almost to me alone "I know it doesn't feel like you're any of those things, but I promise, you are" her expression was serious, talking only to me for the first time in what felt like days "To me if not anyone else, you are"

I nodded back and smiled, my cheeks burning with heat at how meaningful her words had felt, and for a moment, I forgot that I was hurt. The crowd roared and the press snapped pictures from every angle as she set her self up to now address the audience "This campaign is a symbol, an anchor point for anyone struggling with the depths of life. These two girls are without a doubt, the perfect example of how strength can be found in even the weakest of souls"

People lifted from their seats and began to clap, their heads nodding with approval and their smiles burning with the passion Lauren was able to produce "I've never been the best example of how to be strong, I can be toxic, I can be rude" her laugh encouraged the audience to smile "I can be an absolute mess! But that doesn't stop me from working hard to be a better person"

Her eyes met mine with a different energy this time, it was powerful and direct, projected with a need to communicate "I may not always get it right, and I may sometimes miss the mark, but please know, I will forever try to be the best I can for you" her words struck me like a slashing of warmth "You give me purpose, and that is exactly what this campaign represents"

Her eyes returned to the audience "Thank you" she finished, bowing her head before leaving the stage "Come on" spoke Nikki, dragging me by my wrist towards the front of the stage "Let's get backstage before this lot moves out!"

Following behind, I scanned the space for Lauren, anxious once again when the crowd of security and staff surrounded her fragile frame. I pushed my elbow through to try and greet her, eventually yelling her name just loud enough to hear "Lauren!" I called, smiling nervously when her eyes shot towards my face

I was angry before, hurt and upset, but something about the way she spoke had me surrendering my rage. I understood the pain in my heart, it ached and consumed me like a plague. Lauren however had a special way of healing that ache

She reached for my hand and pulled me into her side, the sensation of her heavy beating heart and warm exposed back against my hand a well deserved anxiety pill "You liked my speech?" She smiled into my ear, hiding her words from those around us

I nodded back, lifting my spare hand up against her shoulder "I loved it so much, you really are amazing with words" she squeezed me closer towards her chest, ignoring the stage crew trying to direct us into another hallway "Felt like you were talking to me at one point too"

"I was" she whispered "Come on, let's go somewhere a little more private so we can talk" her palm fell into my own, her smile melting me into a puddle that only obediently followed towards an empty side room "Here" she closed the door behind us and drew down the blind

"Don't you have to go and take pictures or something?" I asked, trying to remain somewhat blunt after yesterdays hiccup, despite falling in love with her speech "They're gonna be looking for you"

She smiled awkwardly "I don't really care to be honest, they can wait" her tone of voice echoed that of fear "The only thing I'm interested in is making sure we're ok"

I bent back and leant against the table behind me with folded arms "I was heartbroken yesterday, more so with Lena but you too?" I began honestly "Your speech helped a lot though, I trust that you love me Lauren? I just worry about the in-between things"

"Which I need to get better at I know" she laughed nervously, I still couldn't get used to seeing her so vulnerable "Look, Lena's like a mom to me, always has been" she began with a deep breath "I knew that she was the same for you, I felt responsible in a way, like I didn't want to ruin that relationship by making you think she or I was being deceptive?"

"Go on" I pushed

She paced the room and scraped a few strands of hair from her cheek "I never asked for anything more than my own advise Camila. I wanted things to be perfect, I wanted to ask the woman I considered my mom how to be a good girlfriend without fucking things up and hurting your already broken heart"

"Lauren-

"No" she begged "Let me explain, because I want you to understand where my mind is Camila?" Her tone was genuine, as was her body language "I don't care about your flaws and your so called issues. I care about your mind and your soul? I love you for you Camila, I don't need anybody else to bring me gossip?"

I lowered my head and smiled softly "I believe you Lauren" her heels clipped towards me and a warm palm lifted my chin, revealing a pair of glittering green eyes

"I never want you to think I'd deliberately hide something from you" she smiled gently "You're my world and I want you to know that! Lena is a great person for both of us, she knows to keep us separate"

I smiled back at her with relief, reaching my fingers along her hip bones to melt into her torso. Our lips met with a passionate kiss and thankfully, it felt like home "I trust you Lauren, just please talk to me next time? I would have understood?"

"Noted" she smiled back "Come on, we have a party to get to!"