16

For the first time you saw that someone other than you in this house was cooking.

It's not like they didn't eat normal food. Well, at first you thought devils only eat humans and drink their blood. 

You've been wondering what it's like with humanoid devils. 

Well, you found out they can eat whatever they want. They will not spit human or animal flesh, but they will also easily eat food that humans eat on a daily basis. 

That's why you weren't surprised when you ate dinner alone (which you cooked) because Galgali ate in his room and Beam swallowed the food as fast as he could. He swallowed it because his appetite is like a shark's. 

Then you gave him a piece of your food because he looked at you with hope written on his face.

And he smiled so much when you let him eat it. 

Well, he was on to something.
Since he has repaired your broken psyche in part.

Even after that one time he held you in the water, something in you fixed itself. 

He assured you that he wouldn't let anything happen to you.

Water is his element.

That's why he could promise you that. And he can fulfill that promise to the end. 

He has calmed your heart. Because of this, you're not afraid to get your skin wet in the sea. As long as he's around.

Is it like you have some powerful oath with him? 

It's a word of honor. Because when something happened to you, he lied to you then.

It is the given word that keeps him with you. 

It's something that comes from his heart. A promise to someone important to him.

And you promised to trust him. 

So you're trying to show that you trust him. Because your trust can be earned.

And the only people who got your trust are Galgali and Beam. 

You were sitting on the couch and smelled wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. 

Every time you turned around, you saw the back of a humanoid devil wearing a black T-shirt. 

He would rarely wear anything other than a hoodie. But he still had a mask on his face. 

You still remember him taking care of you when Beam carried you out of the water after your little "treatment". He changed the bandages around your neck, dried your hair and body. And then he would cover you with blankets and give you something warm to drink. To hug you later too... 

Maybe none of you knew exactly what it was, but you acted like it. How in love. Neither of you will admit it, but it is. You can't put it into words. you are there. 

Even if the mermaid spell did it, your feelings are real. The truest of the true.

Because that's what it was.

Beam slept on your lap, arms around your waist as he hugged you. You still don't know why he hates wearing shirts so much. Maybe he'd like to swim all the time, but he's at home now. 

You don't make him wear a shirt. You make him wear pants. 

And you started to get used to the fact that his body is made like an athletic swimmer. Whose body is too used to swimming. 

You didn't expect to find yourself stuck in a house with two muscular men...

You could look at what you're seeing more and more of the Galgali look.