08

"How am I not going home?! What's that supposed to mean?!" you shouted as you got up from your seat. You stared at the woman sitting in front of you in her chair.

"Would you like the devil you might be to walk the streets?" she asked.

It was a question you didn't know the answer to.

You're supposed to be the devil and walk the streets?

You are human!

There is nothing about you that sets you apart from other people. you are normal. How can you prove it to them?

Of course, you didn't want some devil walking around the city with impunity, murdering everyone in turn. No matter who it is or what its life is like, the devil would kill anyone anyway.

You are not the devil. How can you show it to her?

"I'm not the devil..."

"We don't know that." she answered you.

"I'm not the devil! You can't make me believe that! I'm not something that kills!"

"We don't know what you are."

You clenched your teeth in anger. How long are you going to argue with her like this?

"I'm not the devil! Understand it finally!" You shouted suddenly standing up. "I'm grateful for the rescue, but I don't want to hear someone trying to tell me that I'm not human!"

You turned your back on her and started walking forward.

"I don't want to stay here. I'm going home. Thank you, and I'm sorry too. Goodbye." You said, but the moment you were about to open the door, it opened by itself.

There were people in suits in front of you.

You took a step back seeing their serious expressions.

"We really don't want to hurt you. You will spend one night here, and maybe one day. Just enough."

You turned to look at the red-haired woman who was now suddenly standing a meter away from you.

"For what?" you asked while standing between the three people.

"Let's just check what it is. Everything will be fine. Regardless of the results we get from observing you, I will do my best to bring you back to a life that will be more normal."

She kept smiling...

On her lips was still the same, light and pleasant smile. It's as if she wasn't telling you at that moment, that they'll lock you in this building and do some weird research. You don't know what that meant to you.

Will they lock you in a cell? You'll be chained to a wall or some kind of bed while they subject you to various tests?

You took a step back, but that was tantamount to approaching the two men behind you.

"I really want you to believe me, (y/n). Human or devil, I'll keep you safe. I can do this. But just let us find out the whole truth."

Suddenly you saw her move her hand.

And there were hands on your shoulders pulling you back.

Were you supposed to live in a cell?

Are they going to lock you up somewhere?

What will they do with you? What is it?

Tests?

But what?

There were too many questions in your mind for you to answer.

And you couldn't find any answers because you didn't know any.