06

"She? Why? You know a civilian can't-." She stopped as she saw him stretch out his hand and start pointing in your direction.

"Mermaid!"

You stared at him with wide eyes.

What's wrong with him?

What happened to him?

You don't know why he said that. You don't even know him. He doesn't know you.

That's why you don't see any sense in what he said.

You? Are you a partner for him? Why?

"Partner" in what sense?

You don't even know who these people are.

You don't know where they came from. And why do you have to sit here.

You even started to think that you'd rather they take you back to the ship. And not on land. Perhaps it would be better there than inside that helicopter.

"(y/n), can you tell me what he's talking about?"

You heard a voice.

You looked at the woman sitting in front of you.

She looked at you with a serious expression on her face. Maybe it was more of a waiting expression.

Be that as it may, but she was waiting for you to answer her.

The problem is, you have no idea what he started talking about.

The boy lowered his hand but continued to stare at you.

His face still looked so innocent. You couldn't scream and yell at him while he's looking at you like that. I think he's looking at you... You can't see his eyes...

"I'm sorry but I really don't know what he's talking about." You said honestly.

"Really? Did something happen that he calls you that?" she asked, tilting her head slightly to the side.

"I do not know him. The first time in my life I met him was when he started swimming with me and then brought me here..." You said, slightly adjusting the towel around your head. "I too would like to know what he is talking about."

"It's understandable that you want to know the truth. There are now a few different theories I may have."

The woman gave you a smile.

"But I am surprised that you are here with us now. Beam wouldn't take just any man out of the water. however, I'm glad you're alive, and he didn't hurt you either. There's something about you that makes him act differently than he always does."

"Me?" You pointed at yourself.

"Yes. Tell me... Do you know anything about devils?"

You looked at her, frozen as scenes from your childhood flashed before your eyes in the blink of an eye.

You lowered your head.

"...Yes, I know."

"So you know about their existence. So won't you be surprised if I say Beam is a humanoid devil? The devil in a human body. Just like the person sitting next to me."

You looked at them fearfully.

"Humanoid Devils are not hostile to humans. You do not have to be afraid. My point is that Beam, as a shark devil, has a very good sense of smell, as well as other senses. This makes it the perfect radar for other devils. I believe his senses sense something more. There must be a reason why he called you a mermaid."