1

Avery! Avery! 

''Macy stop yelling, you're disturbing my sleep''

''Wake up dumbass you're 2 hours late! it's 10am''

Shit! I woke up immediately and ran to take a shower and brush, at this point I don't even think I'll have enough time for breakfast. ''Omg, what is wrong with me?? why am I so nervous??'' I even forgot to pick out my outfit last night so I just opened my closet and grabbed my black dress pants, white turtleneck, a light-blue tweed blazer and my over-worn converses. I also wore my gold necklace and bracelet that I never leave the house without. I rushed out and put the address of my new workplace on the maps.

As I drive, my anxiety keeps increasing, I'm usually never late so I can't imagine peoples reactions when I walk in at 11:10. I'm really hoping everything goes as planned. I don't even have time to admire the beautiful building that I'll be working in as I bumped into someone.

''I'm sorry'' was the only thing that came out of my mouth to whoever I bumped into. As I walk in to go find my mentor, Ms. Garcia, my stomach grumbles for food.

''You look lost my dear, can i help you''... this friendly lady who looks really pretty asks me. ''yea, I'm new here, do you know where I can find Ms. Garcia''  I said while being a little embarrassed.

''That would be me my dear''

Like my day could not get worse. ''omg, I'm sorry for being late, I had overslept''.

''That's okay, we all have our bad days'' she says with a big smile

She explains to me what I'll  be doing that day, apparently the employees here are treated pretty good, she gave me my company ID card that I would use for discounts on basically anything. They even had a cafe, and restaurant on the lower level that'll deliver your food directly to you.

''omg, I forgot to feed my cat ''Pebbles'' before I left''. I grab my phone and instantly texts Macy to please help me feed pebbles before she leaves for work.

''Avery, could you go give this to the secretary real quick, it's urgent and tell her to make sure that Mr. Moore gets it before he leaves'' .

I take the file and go look for the secretary. Mr. Moore is the CEO and according to google, he is  apparently the number 1 top eligible bachelor in North America. As I head over to the secretary, I try to imagine what my new boss might look like. I begin to speed up my walk and bump into someone again but this time I look up and standing in front of me is the most beautiful man I have ever seen. His eyes are golden brown, his hair is in the most gorgeous way like he carefully placed each strand, and he's wearing a well polished suit, I'm shocked by how someone could be created so perfectly

''Are you done staring?'' he says with a smirk

Shit! "I'm sorry"

''No need to apologize, you might bump into me a third time again'' he smiles and just walks away

A third time? I didn't understand what he meant by that so I just smile and go hand the file to the secretary.

Nicolas

That's the second time today that she has bumped into me. I haven't seen her around so I guess that she's new here. I start to complete the work on my agenda when Xander came in to remind me of the meeting I missed today with my father. Honestly, I don't even know how I would have survived without Xander. Xander is my best friend and the only person I trust, he also works at my company as my assistant so I guess you could say we see each other everyday.

''Nick, you missed your meeting with your father again, you know how that man gets when things don't go his way. You can't avoid him forever'' Xander said all this while giving me a look I would count as being frustrated with me.

''I don't know why he keeps asking to see me, he told me himself 10 years ago when he sent me to my Aunt's place that he never wants to see me again''

Xander just stood there and listened to me as I vented about never wanting to see my father again. That man has been nothing good in my life, all he has ever wanted was to see me fail so he could tell me about how much better Jacob would have been than me if he were still alive. Spending my thoughts on that man I call a father is disappointing so I just ignored him in my head and started my first assignment of the day which was to look at the profiles of our new employees in order to know more about them.

Luckily the first page was her. Avery Lee, 26 years old and born in Seattle. "We should really ask them to write much more about themselves"

"What was that Nick?"
"Oh Xander, I didn't realize you were still here"

Once he leaves, I just go back to opening the file to learn more about her. I want to know everything about her from her favorite color to how she likes being caressed. my highly inappropriate thoughts are interrupted by the two knocks on my door.
"Come in"
Whoever it is seems to be struggling with pushing the doors in so I get up and go assist them and that's when  I realize who it is.
"It seems it's my lucky day"
She looks at me with this puzzled look until I realized I accidentally said that out loud
"Omg you're Mr. Moore"

I hope you all enjoyed this first chapter

I hope you all enjoyed this first chapter. Am I the only one who likes how Nicolas is already a simp.😮‍💨anyways I don't know how far it's going to take before i upload each chapter yet but I'll make sure not to keep y'all waiting too long.