Throttled - l

A NOVEL BY LAUREN ASHER.

4.2☆'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 5☆'𝐬
90% 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤.

What happens when my brother's rival becomes my secret crush?

Noah Slade is a Formula 1 legend in the making.
Focused. Unapproachable. Ruthless on and off the track.
A man with walls higher than the Grand Canyon.
And my brother's new teammate.
I want more of the prince who disguises himself as the villain.
But while I crave a happy ending, he wants to destroy his.

Maya Alatorre is a forbidden temptation.
An ambitious post-grad I should stay far away from.
And chaos wrapped with a bow.
We're a ticking time bomb, about one wrong move away from exploding.
I want to trip the wire, detonating together in passion and pain.
Because in the end, all's fair in lust and war.

Genres
Romance
Sports Romance
Sports
Contemporary
Contemporary Romance
New Adult
Fiction
Adult
Racing
Audiobook

Q U O T E S
________________________________

"I think love is about happiness and sacrifice. Comprising instead of arguing. Having someone who is always there for you even when you don't deserve it. Loving someone means you want to spend the rest of your life with them on the good days and the bad days and everything in between."

"If it were another life, I'd probably do right by you. I'd take you on dates and try harder. But that's not who I am or how I was raised. I don't know how to be the kind of emotional guy you desire."

"Because I already called dibs on you." His intense gaze makes me shudder. "You can't call dibs on people. You sound like a B-list rom-com." "But I fuck like an A-list porno."

"Closure is a funny concept. Everyone talks about how cathartic it feels, but no one describes the pain you experience before. The courage needed to push through tough situations. How much it rips a person up to know they need to let go, not because they want to, but because they have to."

"And if I learned one thing in therapy, besides the fact that crying makes my face puffy as fuck, is how love doesn't come with conditions. No ifs, ands, or buts. It should make you a better person-not because you have to be, but because you want to be."

"I think you've ruined me."

"I could never win again and be perfectly fine so long as you're by my side. In my bed. I like you a lot."

"I thought winning the World Championship was the best thing, the only goal I had for a long time. Shit, was I wrong. I realize today that the best thing includes winning with your loved ones."

"Fear is not always a weakness. It's what you do with the fear that shows your true strength."

"I look up into Noah's eyes and immediately regret it. His shade of blue easily becomes my favorite, reminding me of Barcelona's coastal waters."

"Don't think too hard. You'll be stuck battling the 'what if you dos' and the 'what if you don'ts' instead of living in the moment."

"Most of all, I like how she makes me want to be a better person. For her, for me, for the whole goddamn world."

"Santiago, please come collect your sister. She fucks up everyone's work schedule."

"Maya breathes new life into me, not wanting to piece me together but accepting all my jagged parts."

"I'm into Maya. Like really into her."

___________________________