Ranpoe- Demon

Pic above: Ukireii on Twitter

Yay I write again, woohoo! (It's been almost two weeks)

Even tho it's midnight I promise no angst today!

Poe POV

I was just writing at my table alone in my room (as always) when Karl who was sleeping peacefully on my bed started snarling.

I looked over at him swiping my bangs out of the way, and saw him looking madly towards the corner of my room.

"What is it Ka-" My mouth stopped dead in its tracks when I saw what, or more like who was crouching there.

I slightly jumped in my chair, eyes wide of shock.

There was some kind of - demon? - that looked like being around my age. He has messy black hair, he was kinda short, and the most important thing was his demon horns and tail.

We just stared at each other for a moment, after he just stood up stretching his legs. "Crouching like that for a while is really tiring for my legs," was all he said like it was the most common thing to be some kind of demon and just appear out of nowhere into people's houses.

"W-who are you? What are you?" Was all I got out of my mouth, since I still was in some kind of shock.

"Oh, I'm Ranpo! Aaand I'm a demon," he said happily smiling. Now when he was standing I got a better view of his clothes.

He had black suit, and underneath it on a black undershirt was a bloody-red vest and bow. If I just would give myself a chance to be honest, I would say that he was even good looking. (I got the idea for the outfit from one of the official arts, maybe you recognize)

"And who are you?" He asked stepping a few steps closer scanning me from head to toe.

"I-I'm Poe..." I answered, cursing my stuttering. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves that were running loops in my brain, and then asked, "Why and how you even are here?"

"Hmm, well, I'm from a different realm, and well my sister did something bad, even too bad for demons, but my dad didn't believe it was she, so he as punishment sent me here, to the mortal realm, and never to be returned," he explained, and I could hear the sadness in his tone.

"You miss your family, don't you?" I asked, a little bit of sympathy in my tone.

"I do. Well not as much my dad and sister as my mom and my little brother. But now I won't ever see them again..." Ranpo said, and now I already saw his tears streaming down his cheeks.

I stood up and walked to the shorter male. I wiped his tears and then embraced him engaging Ranpo between my arms.

He buried his head into my chest being careful about his horns so they won't scratch my chin. I stroked his head tangling my fingers into his hair, smelling his sugary scent.

It seemed like even demons were sometimes sad, and they needed to let their emotions out.

After a moment of silence I asked, "Do you have anywhere to stay, or do you need help with that?"

Ranpo raised his head from my chest to give a fast glance at me after he just looked around in my bedroom exploring it. "No I don't, I just arrived here without anything. Everything that I have you can see on me right now."

"Then, maybe if you want to you can stay here...? At least until you find a job and an apartment to stay in...?" I asked a little bit shyly whilst fidgeting with my fingers nervously.

"You really would let me stay here?" Ranpo turned around and looked at me with hopeful eyes. I nodded in response, and he cheered happily.

"Now it's already really late, so better if we go to sleep already, and tomorrow we can arrange everything else that needs to be arranged, and buy stuff for you too, like clothes and everything else," I said to a happy male who was now petting almost purring Karl.

"Sure! Where do I sleep?"

"You can sleep on the couch in the living room-"

"Can I sleep with you on your bed? I don't really want to be alone right now..." Ranpo said, and this time it was his turn to be all shy.

I smiled warmly at him. "Of course, but first you need to change clothes. For the time being you can lend some of mine."

I gave some big t-shirt and shorts for Ranpo, and left the room so he could change them in peace. When I returned I was greeted with male who was in an overly big t-shirt that if to be honest looked kinda cute on him- wait what.

I got into my bed under soft and warm sheets, and then I felt how the mattress pressed a little bit down of the weight of the demon that was now lying there.

Then Ranpo just moved closer to me and laid down on my chest, like we hadn't met just like 20 minutes ago. Not that I was complaining.

"Good night, Ranpo," I whispered into the darkness of the room.

"Good night, Poe."

This time not so long and special chapter, but still something! (It might be rushed or something but I don't have energy for anything else right now)

Stay hydrated all who live in places where is as hot as here rn! (And everybody else!)

Word count: 931