The Way Things Should Be

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

January 2023

I'd like to start my cross country Cannabis story in Woodstock. No, not that Woodstock. The one in Canada, silly. (But I love that film!)

This WOODSTOCK also loves weed. In fact, the entire province of New Brunswick has the best attitude toward Cannabis anywhere in this country. This may simply be because it is is easy to get reservation weed here which is healthier and costs half the price of government weed.

I was in search of the best Cannabis dispensary post legalization in Canada. And I had found that dispensary Woodstock, First Nation (Maliseet). I was smoking a joint inside of it - which you're not supposed to do in Canada! The woman who ran the dispensary/smoking lounge also showed me her assortment of mushroom edibles. (You're not supposed to do that in Canada either!)

But we weren't really in Canada, thankfully.

Why is it so much cheaper? Because the same rules do not apply on a reservation. And the taxman and the high level cop in charge of Cannabis in occupied Canada are charging 50% in taxes for a natural health product. They can get away with this because they are pandering to the right wing in Canada that still like to get shitfaced on psychosis causing alcohol.

I was trying to get home from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (one of the worst situations for weed) back to Toronto. I was exhausted and I was in a rush on the winter roads.

I pulled off the highway heading North just before Woodstock. I drove down to the river.

After taking a picture of these two chairs I went into a convenience store

After taking a picture of these two chairs I went into a convenience store. I asked where the best place to get coffee was. The woman behind the counter said, "Go up the road here past the first dispensary and then at the second one where the stop sign is turn left. Best coffee is at that gas station."

"Two dispensaries! Well thanks for the info. Now I'll be getting coffee and something else!" I said suddenly alert.

Now my concern was no longer coffee but weed!

I drove up the street and saw a dispensary at the top of the hill. I pulled over and looked up at it. It really just looked like a house. There was a sign that they were selling cannabis and some green leaf signs (the only Leafs this Torontonian cares about).