Chapter 3: The Interrogation Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Ay! Thing 1 and Thing 2! Ya'll need to get up before mama start fussin. You know she hate bein late to church!" called Asia from another room.

"Do they know about us?" he asked me.

"I don't think so." I said. "Why?"

"I was just wonderin. I bet you a dollar Asia 'gon flip when she find out." he said with a smile.

"Nah. I don't think she'll be that surprised." I replied.

"Bet. If she flip, you owe me a dollar." he said.

"And when she don't, you betta pay up." I said.

"Asia! Come here!" he yelled.

"What?" she yelled back.

"Come here!"

"Why?"

"Girl, just come here!"

Asia appeared in the livin room, fully dressed in a purple, turquoise and white  sundress and white flip-flops. Her jewelry was gold and her hair had been put into a cute micro up-do.

"What, punk? And why ya'll all hugged up like that?" she said lookin down at us.

"Asia, me and Kyra go together."

".....Go where together?" she asked.

"No. We go together. Like boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Oh....... Bout time." she said, completely calm.

"Ha! You owe me a dollar!" I said.

"Hold up! What you mean, Bout time?" he asked, confused.

"Well, you had told me about havin a crush on Kyra and Mia and I had accidently found out Kyra had a crush on you freshman year so I figured ya'll would get together sooner or later. I just didn't think it would take this long." she said. I stared at her in disbelief.

"Wait, you knew Dre had a crush on me and didn't say nothin?!" I asked, incredulously.

"It wasn't for me to tell. He made me promise not to say nothin." she replied. I nodded. I guess I can't blame her for keepin her brother's secret.

"Oh. Alright. Well, we're official! That's all we wanted t o say." I said and smiled up at her.

She smiled and said, "Wait til Mia finds out."

"Oh man. She's gonna flip fa'real." I said.

"Who 'gon flip about what?" said Mia as she entered the livin room, her accent strong. She wore a yellow and orange sundress with orange wedge heels. She had straightened her hair and put in a side-part and wore gold jewelry like Asia.

"Guess what, Cleo?" said Dre.

"What, cracked out  P. Diddy?" she asked annoyed.

"Me and Kyra are officially together."

"So?"

"What you mean So?" me and Dre asked at the same time.

"Honestly, I knew Dre had a ting for you. I could just see it in the way he looks at you. I could tell he didn't see you as just another beat. And you admitted to likin this bumb so I knew you two would get together eventually. I'm happy for you, but I saw this comin." she said.

"Well ain't this about nothin. Everybody knew we were gonna get together except us." I said.

"Pretty much." said Asia pickin her nails.

"Now can ya'll get up and get ready? You know mama 'gon be fussin if we late."

"Yeah. We might as well get up, bay." he said, lookin down at me. I looked up at him and smiled mischeviously.