Chapter 4

<♤ NATO'S POV  ♤>

I went upstairs to check on that ASEAN. It seems that he looks stressed and every other day or two he would just either lock himself in his air conditioning room or take a very long nap. That's what he does when he is super stressed.

As a good lad, mate, and pal of Asean, I want to make him less stressed and one of the best ways is to check on him.

That's what I did and I knocked on the door
"ASEAN, can I have a word with you for a minute or two?" I asked with a soft voice.

Seconds turned to minutes as the voices in Asean's room dimmed down.

He didn't respond to me at all.

What was he thinking about?

About stress?

Is he going to avoid me?

It can't be...

-
M
O
M
E
N
T
S

L
A
T
E
R
-

"ASEAN, Come out," I ordered, raising my voice to my normal volume.

I heard footsteps as Asean walked towards the door. He slammed the door open in front of my face. "Oh Nato, sorry I didn't see you there," Asean said as he helped me up.

Oh, he slammed it at my nose. It hurts. .  .

Instead of going out to talk, he invited me to come into his room, which was strange cause usually he never lets anyone in his room.

"Wow Asean, I like your room." I said as I looked around the "workplace" of Asean. The files, paperwork, and documents were arranged neatly on shelves.

His laptop was placed in the center of the desk which was pushed near the window. The sunbeam poked in and it shone on Asean's desk.

"Anyways Nato, why are you here?" Asean asked.

"I came here to talk through your problems buried alive in your mind," I said.

"How in the world did you know I have these... problems?" ASEAN said, pretending to not know that he has problems.

"ASEAN," I said. "Ever since you became an organization, you had a beautiful, charming smile on your face and always showed us that smile to cheer us up. Why throw it away when you can still use it to help yourself?"

Asean took a deep breath inhaling and exhaling. "You don't understand Nato. My smile is not the one causing the problem I am having. It's stress." Asean explained. "I have tried so many times to get rid of it completely but it won't go away. I have taken naps and breaks but still, it won't leave."

He then frowned.

I on the other hand patted Asean on the back. "Asean, don't worry too much. One of the things to help you is to clear your unhappiness with a memory. Try to think of something lovely and full of excitement." I said.

<♡ASEANS POV ♡>

"Try to think of something lovely and full of excitement."

I tried... ugh. I don't have a single happy thing in my life. I'm not so sure if we had one but all I remember was what I ate for breakfast yesterday. It was my favorite chicken porridge.

"Nat, I only thought of what I ate for breakfast yesterday. It was chicken porridge." I said.

"That's it? Come on Asean, there were many things in life all of us organizations had." NATO said.