Chapter 6

The first rays of dawn gently painted the sky as the Vyrazan village began to stir with the promise of a new day. As the Sully kids prepared to join their newfound Na'vi friends, Jake found himself going up to Neteyam, concern tugging at his heart. 

"Hey, Neteyam," Jake began, his voice soft and tentative, "You okay? Everything...feeling good?"

Neteyam looked up, his expression a blend of surprise and confusion. His dark eyes held a hint of curiosity as he assessed his father's intent. 

"Yes, Dad," Neteyam replied, his voice calm and measured, "I'm fine."

Jake nodded, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Just making sure."

Though he didn't say it, the truth was that this whole... 'Returned' thing freaked him out. He was worried, worried he'd lose his son again to something he didn't understand.

Neteyam's confusion deepened, his brow furrowing slightly. He hadn't expected Jake's concern, nor did he fully understand the underlying emotions that came with it. His father had always been a pillar of strength, someone who focused on caring for his entire family and clan.

And yet, this moment was a departure from the familiar dynamic. Jake relied on Neteyam to be the strong big brother, looking after his siblings. Being the source of his father's concern instead of something to lean on was a strange concept. It was as if the roles they had come to know had been momentarily reversed.

Truth is... Neteyam didn't even bat an eye. Sure, this whole thing was... strange, unprecedented even, but he didn't question Eywa's design. He'd been given a second chance, an opportunity to continue his journey on Pandora alongside his family. 

"Dad," Neteyam began, "I appreciate your concern. It's just...I've been given this chance, and I'm determined to honor it. We might not have all the answers now, but we'll find them together."

A small smile tugged at the corner of Jake's lips. With a nod of affirmation, he patted Neteyam's shoulder. 

"Alright, get out of here," Jake said as his children all piled out of their temporary home, "Look after each out out there!"

Off the Sully kids went, ready to seize the day and uncover the mysteries that awaited them in the village. 

*****

Minutes later, the Levi'itan children were lead their newfound friends, the Sully kids, through the winding paths of the Vyrazan village early in the morning. Soon, it was time to get to the training grounds. The central training arena was a circular space, its perimeter marked by rugged stones and intricate carvings. Tall grasses lined the edges, rustling in the gentle breeze as the echoes of warriors' footsteps danced upon the earth.

Naiara, her boundless energy contagious, led Tuk by the hand, her infectious smile lighting up the surroundings. 

Pita couldn't help but laugh,"Naiara, slow down! Watch your step, you'll fall in the water!"

All around the circle were multiple ponds of crystal-clear water. Intricately carved wooden bridges spanned some of these ponds, allowing warriors to traverse across the landscape, but one wrong step and they'd be soak in the shallow pools. For the Levi'itan kids, navigating through them was like walking, but for the Sully kids, it was quite the challenge.

"We should teach them how to hold a sword! Tuk, wanna learn how to hold a sword?" Naiara asked, her eyes shining with excitement.

Tuk hesitated for a moment, "I've never held one before..."

Naiara's grin widened. "Don't worry, I'll show you!"

As Naiara gently guided Tuk's fingers around the hilt of the sword, explaining the basics of grip and stance, their friendship seemed to solidify. Tuk listened attentively, her own face a mix of concentration and fascination.