Chapter 5

Alina and Naiara ventured through the familiar paths of the forest. Tall, ancient trees formed a natural canopy overhead, their sprawling branches creating pockets of shade that danced in the dappled sunlight. Shafts of golden light pierced through the leaves, casting enchanting patterns on the forest floor below. 

The ground, once firm and smooth, now bore the imprints of footfalls and the grooves of practiced sword strikes. Wooden posts, worn and weathered, stood like sentinels, their surfaces etched with the scars of combat.

In a secluded clearing, the centerpiece of the training grounds emerged—a wooden target, battered and worn, its surface marred by the impact of countless blows. Surrounding it were remnants of makeshift obstacles and challenges, designed to test warriors' agility, speed, and accuracy. A small stream meandered nearby, its gentle babble a soothing backdrop to the sounds of clashing swords and determined shouts that had once filled the air.

"Look," Naiara whispered, pointing toward a clearing where Pita stood, her brow furrowed in concentration as she swung her sword against a wooden target. The sound of steel meeting wood echoed in the air.

Gently, Alina took Naiara's hand and they approached their sister, their presence like a comforting embrace. 

"Pita," she called softly, her voice carrying a mixture of empathy and concern.

Pita halted her movements, turning to face her sisters. Her eyes, usually fierce and determined, were clouded with a hint of sadness. Alina and Naiara exchanged a knowing glance before Alina spoke.

"Pita, what happened at your Sa'ran Munta," Alina began, stepping closer, "was not your fault."

"It is. Uncle was right, I should've--" Pita started, tears threatening to fall.

"No! Uncle Rayon... well, he can be overly tough sometimes. He is always the one telling us that you should never poke a dangerous animal when it's sleeping. He poked at you when there was no need to, and you simply responded. It's not your fault." 

"I hurt him," Pita whimpered.

"He'll be fine. Uncle has faced far worse than a bruised ego." 

A silence fills the air until Alina chuckles.

"Remember that time Kael accidentally pushed him into the wall during training? I think he still has a splinters in his back." Alina reminisced, amused.

Pita's lips twitched, a reluctant laugh escaping through the tears.

"I don't think I've ever seen Uncle Rayon that stunned in my life," Pita mused, a hint of amusement tugging at her features.

The three sisters shared a moment of laughter, the tension of the previous events slowly dissipating.

"You did so good today, Pita. I've never seen a warrior so mighty." Alina said, placing a reassuring hand on Pita's shoulder.

Naiara nodded vigorously, her eyes wide with sincerity. "Yeah! Pita, you should've seen how you looked. You had the outsiders to their knees!"

"Oh no, the outsiders," Pita whined. She was even more embarrassed,"This was not the impression I wanted to leave on them. I bet they think we...that I'm so--"

"Don't think too much, Pita. They were in shock, but in a good way. The older boy...he couldn't take this eyes off of you." Alina said, smiling.

Pita frowned, "What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean." Alina laughed.

Pita rolls her eyes,"Even if that was true, which it's not, I'm already promised to Na'me."

Avatar: Riders Of The Leviathan (Neteyam x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें