10

Harry sat down by himself at his usual table at lunch. He looked up when someone threw themselves down next to him. It was Louis.
"So I was thinking that I should like change clothes between photos so we should go by me house first."

"Yeah, okay." Harry agreed.

He expected Louis to leave but he just started eating.
"What are you doing?" Harry asked.

"Well, I'm glad you asked. You see this fork? You can actually scoop up food with it, like this. Amazing!" Louis grinned and illustrated.

Harry giggled.
"I mean, you usually sit at that table, with your friends." He said and nodded his head to the left.

"Well, you're me friend too and I don't want you to sit by yourself." Louis shrugged.

"I'm used to it." Harry replied.

"That's fucking awful. Not anymore." Louis said and put his hand on Harry's arm and squeezed it.

Harry just smiled happily at him. He enjoyed his lunch next to Louis, at least until three guys from the football team approached them.
"Are we sitting here now?" A guy asked.

"At least I am. Guys, this is Harry. Harry, that's Liam, Zayn, and Niall." Louis said and pointed at his friend one by one.

The boys took a seat. Louis looked at Harry and mouthed "Okay?"

It wasn't like Harry would say no. They were already sitting down. He nodded his head.
"How about that sex ed class? Mr. Graham is out of line. Who wants to hear about a bat sucking off another bat?" Niall said.

"I think he's great. Inclusive." Louis replied.

Everyone stared at him.
"Because he talks about animal sex?" Liam asked dumbfounded.

"What? No! Because he doesn't just talk about straight sex. Whenever we'd had sex ed in the past the teacher only talk about straight sex." Louis huffed.

"Huh. I've never thought about it. I guess you're right about that." Liam said.

"I agree with Louis." Harry said quietly.

Everyone turned their heads to look at him and he twisted uncomfortably in his chair.
"Yeah, sex ed should be for everyone." Niall said and smiled at Harry who smiled back. No one made fun of him.

He had the best lunch ever. He didn't say much but when he did the boys listened to him and they tried to include him in the conversation. When they had to go to classes Louis leaned in.
"I'll see you after school."

"Yeah." Harry agreed.

"Nice to meet you, Harry." Zayn said.

Harry smiled shyly.
"It was nice to meet you too, all of you."

The rest of the day went by fast and Harry hurried to his lockers to wait for Louis. He showed up a minute later carrying the basket with the doll.
"Ready?"

"Yeah." Harry said and they walked out of school together.

Louis talked nonstop on the way to his house but made sure to include Harry in the conversation by asking him questions.
"Hi, mum." Louis shouted as he opened the front four as they reached his house.

"How was school?" Jay asked as she came walking into the hallway. "Oh, hi Harry." She smiled.

"Hello." Harry replied.

"It was fine. I'm heading over to Harry's in a minute. He's gonna take me picture." Louis informed his mum as he made his way upstairs. Harry followed him closely behind.

"Okay." Jay smiled.

As soon as they reached Louis' bedroom he walked up to the closet and started roaming around.
"Any ideas about what I should wear?" He asked.

Harry came and took a look inside. He picked up a pair of suspenders.
"Really?" Louis chuckled.

"Yep." Harry grinned.

They chose three outfits together and Louis stuffed the clothes in a bag and they headed to Harry's house to get the camera. Harry carried the basket with the doll. He ran inside and grabbed the camera before they walked to their backyard.

They spent an hour taking pictures. Harry gave instructions but Louis had some ideas of his own too. They brought the doll into some of the pictures as well. They laughed a lot and goofed around.

Louis stayed for dinner and they hung out in Harry's room for a while before Louis had to go home since they had school in the morning. Harry went to bed feeling happy. Today had been a perfect day. He liked Louis so much.

To his surprise, Louis joined him at lunch again the next day and with him, Liam, Zayn, and Niall came along. The other guys from the team shouted at them from their old table but they waved them off.
"So what do you think of the game of Sunday? Do we have a chance? Saint Martins team are really good." Liam said.

"We'll take them." Louis replied with confidence.

"Are you gonna watch the game, Harry?" Niall asked.

"Uhm, I don't know..." Harry replied and looked at Louis who smiled and nodded his head at him. "Sure, I'll come." Harry said. If Louis wanted him there he would watch the game.

He had yet another great lunch with company. It was his turn to have the doll and made sure to bathe it when he got home and his mum signed the paper. He decided to finish some of the other assignments on the sheet. He found one of his mum's scarves and tied it around his neck and waist so he could fit the doll on his front. Then he did some laundry and cleaned his room. His sister Gemma came into his room and immediately took out her phone and snapped a picture of him.
"Hey!" Harry protested.

"What? My little brother is being all domestic, playing house with a doll. This has to be recorded for the future. I'm thinking of graduation or maybe if you get married someday. Smack! This picture is everywhere." Gemma snickered.

Harry put his tongue out and shoved her out the door before he finished changing the bed linen. Then it was time to feed the doll and change the diaper. He was looking forward to the day he had kids of his own even if that was far ahead of him.