#20

• My silence is just another word for my pain and guilt.

~*~

Niall shook his head and clicked his tongue, blue eyes staring at the hickey on his best mate's neck.

"Jesus Liam, every time I see you. There's always a damn hickey or more than one on ya' neck."

Liam rolled his eyes and fixed his collar, lifting it up to try cover the hickey but it didn't help.

"Who gave it to you this time, since you and Zayn aren't a thing anymore."

Liam sighed, suddenly feeling guilty.

He swallowed, licking his dry lips and gave Niall a look.

Niall raised an eyebrow and suddenly smirked, understanding the look Liam gave him and he started laughing.

He shook his head and settled down, looking at Liam with a face that said 'really bro?'

And Liam nodded his head, sighing again, scratching the back of his neck.

"It was Zayn, yeah."

Niall chuckled and looked at Liam with amusement on his face.

"Tell me everything." He grinned, sitting up properly, ready to hear everything that happened.

He knew that Liam and Zayn would do something, at least and immediately regret things because they were not suppose to do stuff with each other but they did and Niall was excited to hear what had happen between them.

Liam sighed and ran his fingers through his hair slowly and started speaking.

He started telling everything to him even the little moment at work, how Zayn couldn't even look at him in the eyes and talk to him.

It pained Liam to see Zayn like that, especially when he's the reason that Zayn wouldn't even acknowledge him.

"Then he said 'if you hadnt broken things off between us, we would be doing what we usual do and have so much fun, but your loss' then he walked out."

Niall raised both of his eyebrows, lips formed into the shape of an 'o' not knowing what to say.

Niall made and face and said. "Well shit, you shouldn't of broke things off then."

Liam shook his head and sighed. "I had to, it was the right thing to do."

Niall chuckled and shrugged. "No it's wasn't, you made him sad and you know that. You feel guilty every time and you regret it don't ya?"

Liam frowned, not wanting to agree to Niall because he was right. Too right to be exact. He bit his lip and shook his head.

"I don't regret it, like I said it was the right thing to do."

Niall rolled his eyes, eyes narrowed. He knew Liam regretted it and felt guilty for making Zayn sad, he could perfectly feel and see it.

"Pfft, if ya' say so. Still not believing ya'."

Liam only sighed and looked ahead, dazing off into his own thoughts as Niall starts talking about football and this guy called josh he had been hanging out with.

Suddenly, Zayn popped into his mind and he started feeling guilty once again as he thought of him, really wondering why he actually broke off things between him and Zayn.

Yes, he does regret it. He regrets breaking things off of with him but he knew it was right, that's what he thought.

But it really fucking wasn't, he's so stubborn and oblivious that he doesn't see what's in front of him, that Zayn is important and possibly the one.

Yet, he's afraid. Afraid of age differences and people finding out. He was still in the closet, only Niall, Zayn and his family knows that he's gay, possibly everyone now too.

"Then he fucking bent over and picked up the fucking ball, Jesus. His ass was fucking nice man, just wanted to murder it!"

Liam moved his attention towards his best friend, obviously lost to what he was talking about since he hadn't been listening.

He lets out a chuckle and nodded his head in reply, pretending that he had been listening.

Niall licked his lips and leaned against the couch, tucking his hand behind his head and sighed softly.

He turned his head to look at Liam and stared at him for a moment, studying him.

"You miss him don't you?" Niall asked curiously, not knowing why he asked him, seeing that he already knows what the answer will be.

Liam frowned and pouted at the question, interlocking his fingers and started fiddling, staring as he fiddled.

He sighed and barely nodded. "Yeah, so fucking much."

Niall tilted his head back and nodded.

"I know." He replied, staring up at the ceiling. "I know."

They stayed there, sitting on the couch, in a comfortable silence, savouring the quietness between the both of them. Not a single word spoken.

~*~

Boring chapter oh wow, sorry. :/ But another Niam chapter ! Enjoy.

Comment and vote !

Updates: 70+