#18

• My head turns to face the floor, cause I can't look you in the eyes.

One Direction - More Than This

~*~

A good few days later, Zayn decided that why not come to work rather than sit at home all day and sulk.

Zayn walked into the building being greeted by his co-workers, Zayn returning their greets and waves.

"Zayn, where have you been!? Oh, I missed you!" Miranda wrapped her arms around Zayn's neck, hugging him tightly to the point he couldn't breath.

"Miranda..c-can't..breathe!" Zayn's voice muffled loudly, trying to gasp for air.

"Sorry, sorry." Miranda slowly let go, a grin across her face, dimples visibly shown.

Zayn only nodded and smiled at her, walking towards his desk. He glanced at Liam's office for a mere second and let out a sigh, sitting down on his swivel chair.

Miranda leaned against Zayn's desk, hands wrapped around the table and eyes darting on Zayn's face.

She could perfectly see the sadness on his face and she knows that something had happened between him and Liam or maybe something else.

Zayn could feel her eyes as he turned his laptop on and typed in his password for everything which was: cumlover93

"Stop looking at me like that. It's making me uncomfortable." Zayn spoke, opening up his emails, shifting a bit as he tried to avoid Miranda's stare upon him.

"Can't help it, you're..beautiful" Miranda said in a posh accent, making Zayn chuckle and a small smile plastered across his face.

Zayn scrolled through and rolled his eyes slightly. "Why thank you." He said in the same accent, well at least tried.

Moment of silence was shared between the two, Miranda wanting to ask why he haven't been at work, she would always look forward to work because of Zayn.

It gets depressing with Zayn's absence, knowing the fact that with Zayn's absence work isn't that much fun.

"You know you can talk to me right?" Miranda spoke up, voice hesitant and eyes softening as Zayn slowly looked up at her.

Zayn let out a sigh, exiting his email and leaned back against his chair, glancing up at the ceiling and he nodded a bit.

"Yes, I know." He replied seconds later, looking away not wanting to make eye contact with Miranda.

Miranda tucked a stand of hair behind her ear and poked her bottom lip out, sighing sadly when Zayn won't even make eye contact with her.

"Then talk me what's been making you not show up to work and the reason why sadness is literally visible on you."

Zayn didn't reply, he parted his lips to reply but pressed them together tightly.

Miranda looked down at the floor and said. "I know it's none of my business on what's going on with your life but I'm one of your closest friend and for god sakes Zayn. I'm trying to help on whatever's bothering you and the reason that's making you sad, but I guess there's no point of trying to help when you can't even tell me what's even wrong with you."

Zayn tore his eyes away from the wall ahead of him and looked at Miranda whom was now looking sad.

He didn't reply, he couldn't, he didn't know what to say. His tongue was tied, not letting him speak but if he did say something it'll probably come out bitter and painful towards her and Zayn was glad that his tongue was tied and words were stuck in his throat.