The Hidden World

Out At Sea...Probably

The markings looked old, worn and wrecked. However, the small brown wooden boat was shining with moisture. The water glinted off the cracks and rusted metal screws shone in the sun as Hiraya approached closer. At that moment, it was just her and Zephyr's little secret, and then remembered the day she met Hiccup, he was cursing about someone going out to sea. It had to definitely be her, Hiraya thought. Snooping around the boat, it didn't feel like much-the heavy scrapes along the bottom suggest she drags the whole thing from this beach into the port and out to sea. Inside was only a bag of apples, a bow and arrow, a crossbow and She is rebellious and unkind, she yells and screams incoherently and is jealous of 'secret dragon knowledge' that is not even a secret. For now, she had only been there four days. Hiraya has met the Chief and his family. She has met many of the people of New Berk, explored the dragon facilities dusting over with the lack of dragons. It was slightly messy, but they liked it that way.

But still, Hiraya worried they were waiting too long. Taking their time, basking in a new environment. Enjoying a stay that was not for lounging around, and suddenly an empty pit formed in the bottom of her stomach. Feeling the air pass through her mind she stumbled, catching herself on the side of the boat's ledge. It was foggy, light-headed and unclear. Her mission is to save Kaihla's wing. If Kaihla was never able to fly again because of-

No. She would.

She would see the day to see the world from above the trees, above the oceans and fly just as a bird does everyday. Now, she has something to coerce the loud-mouthed daughter of his. If she were to disrupt her father's work for Kaihla all because of some petty thought that Hiraya may be a secret dragon hunter or a fake princess from far away to steal dragon knowledge knowing very well what would happen if they were to ever come back. Ridiculous. The breaths started to even out, one at a time, Hiraya closed her eyes, slowed her breathing and felt the empty pit fill. Slowly, the reality came back piece by piece. And when she opened her eyes, there was a stinky breathed, toothless dragon head tilted staring back at her. Leaping back, only hitting her head, she exclaimed in shock.

"Mahal, una amo protema? Amo latom fue? Amo hannirina sa sud?"
[My dear, what's the matter? Are you hungry? Are you having fun?]
Kaihla just shakes with joy, radiant and glistening with joy. Hira's mood has definitely altered the way she thinks of this place, the fact that they are so drastically far away from home. But then she thought about flying home on Kai, how happy father would be to see that it worked, they would party and sing with joy. Kai places her big scaly head onto Hiraya's lap. There, a heavy weight shifts on their shoulders as they drift into an irresistible trance. Out in the forest, near the beach where the waves take them to dream. Hiraya and Kai swiftly drift to sleep beside the secret rusty boat.

Upon returning back to the village, there was a shift in the air. The aura around the village felt tight and restless. Approaching the town square, where the enormous statue of the previous chief sat, whispers and small shushes made their way around the village. The tribe turned worrisome, sneaking unfriendly glances at Hiraya and Kaihla.

"...Missing..."

"Zephyr...lost?"

"Hiccup...if Zephyr is...what will happen..."

More and more curious looks and hushes are directed towards the girl and her dragon. Confusion painted across Hiraya's face and Kaihla's ears twitched as she blinked looking towards the faces of the people who onced showed her affection and kindness. A crowd begins to form around the two. An angry jeer is directed towards Hiraya,

"What have you done with the chief's daughter?!"

Another yells,

"Where is she, outsider?!"

The shouts and rants finally bellowed within the centre of the town. No weapons, not yet though a butcher joins in as well as a soldier in training. Embarrassingly, trying to duck under the thin beige coat gifted by Astrid, Hiraya shields herself and her dragon as they make a run for the chief's house.

Entering the home, snow falls from the top of the roof straight onto the heads of the two outlanders. Gasping in shock, everyone falls still, as if the end of a sequence. Flicking snow off her dragon, she shakes herself off the melting ice and faces the crowd gathered in front of the chief's home. Just as Hiraya was about to address the group, the creaky wooden door flew open, tumbling more snow onto the ledge. Greeting the silence is Hiccup and Astrid together, faces tightened in worry.

"Hira, oh thank the Gods you're here. Where's Zephyr?" Hiccup grabs Hiraya's shoulders in a jolt.

"She's not here? What's happened, what's wrong?" Now worried that her words may be the cause. Not even a full more has gone passed and here she was, creating a mess already. Hiccup and Astrid only face her with a blank stare.

Hiccup releases his tight grip and sighs.

"She's missing." He says quietly. He does not show any signs of panic, but on his face, a deep set of brown eyes shaking with worry. Perhaps now was not the time to be prideful, but to be brave. Hiraya adjusts her light cloaks, still unaccustomed to the bite of the cold, she places a firm palm on one shoulder of Hiccup and the other on Astrid.

"I believe I may know where she went. Where it is- I'm not sure." She remarked. Hiccup and Astrid exchange a glance. Kaihla purrs around Hira, uncertain of the atmosphere.

"The Hidden World."