The Vikings Have Their Tea

Muttonheads in their Thirties

"H-hold steady..." The one-legged chief stumbled around Kaihla who leapt from side to side, attempting to measure the Night Fury's wingspan. 'She is still quite young, but Kai is already quite large', Hiccup thought. 'No doubt she's a bit bigger than him actually.'.

Hiraya's giggles at Kaihla's playfulness but reaches a hand down to the dragon's forehead as to calm her down and Kai slowly closes her eyes.

Hiccup stares in silent amazement at the motion. 'Perhaps, we will pay him a visit soon,' He thought, holding the black scaled wing, 'perhaps, sooner than we think'.

The same afternoon approaching dusk, covered head to toe in the furs of animals Hiraya has forgotten, she clutches them even more so glancing around Hiccup's workshop. Big, wooden, bright and outdoors, scattered clutter of sketches, drawings, black scales layered with soot and dirt, broken pencils, and thin pieces of metal curved in a circle at one end. All dusting. Feeling the charcoal of a sketch hung on the wall careful not to smudge, Hiraya softly gazes at the drawing.

"Your... Night Fury? She asks with a soft smile.

Hiraya was immediately dragged by Hiccup into his workshop to examine Kai right away. Without another word, Hiccup had not left Kaihla's side, measuring, staring and uncomfortably close. And without greeting his family and friends properly, Hiraya felt her blooding coursing with excitement and also a pang of worry because she did not want to take advantage of their chief without anything in return. This is just the beginning.

Writing in his journal after bending and looking at the wing, Hiccup finishes the sketch of Kaihla, glancing up he says returning the same smile, "Toothless. My best friend."

"Toothless? Does he not have teeth?" She asks confused, furrowing her brows turning her head back to the picture.

Hiccup laughs, "Haha, no, when I first met him, I was trying to feed him, he opened his mouth and I saw no teeth so I was confused because I swore I saw some. Then suddenly his teeth came out, and retracted them after."

"Ahhhh, I see. I too was confused when I also thought I saw teeth and didn't see them sometimes." Hiraya chuckles in agreement.

"He's a very handsome boy." She laughs and smiles longingly.

"Ha, y-yeah, you should've seen him when he was trying to win over his girlfriend- wife-mate all-- she was not impressed." He chuckled.

"I see. Well, unfortunately I am not quite too sure the age of Kai. I only know enough that she's adolescent though I have never seen a matured night fury- perhaps I found her when she was a teenager- or a baby- or- "

"Hiraya, it's alright. I promise I will share all my dragon knowledge with you. For now, I need to make and order supplies to aid my research. I'm not exactly a dragon doctor, to diagnose and fix but, I do know dragons." Hiccup places a hand on her shoulder. Firm and strong. She recogonises the gesture. A leader. 

She nods in assurance. "Okay, well I didn't exactly leave you much time to be introduced and welcomed properly. I need you to meet the gang. Why don't we do the hard work tomorrow. Kaihla can have whatever she likes. First come, let's eat."

At dinner, in an enormous building called 'The Great Hall', Hiraya was met by tables of food, shouting Vikings, and dancing and singing- a mob of exuberant people. At this moment, Kaihla was told to stay put in a spare hut with a hearth that she knew Kaihla was going to enjoy a long, warm sleep next to.

Led to the stage at the front of the hall by Hiccup, she was introduced to the famous- 'Dragon Riders' lined right in front of her.

"Hello, we didn't get a proper chance to speak earlier, I'm Astrid, chieftess of New Berk, Hiccup's wife and the former rider of a Deadly Nadder." The pretty white-haired girl has a name, Hiraya thought, though she felt a sad pain in that 'former' Astrid expressed. Hiraya brings it in for a hug. Startled but not opposing, Astrid laughs and returns the warmth.

"I'm Fishlegs, it is so very nice to meet you! I rode the most fearsome Gronkle, my Meatlug!! Ahhh HOW EXCITING!! I cannot believe there are more dragons still out there!! Of course, it's not like they went extinct, they are in the Hidden World but we didn't know there'd be more out there let alone a NIGHT FURY!!!—"

"Woooah woah Fishlegs." Hiccup interrupting Fishlegs' ramble. The big tall blonde-haired man with an incredible beard with cute braids and the squashed metal Viking helmet with horns protruding either side of his head, was not as scary as he looks. A fashion that Hiraya duly noted to be a large part of the culture.

"It's fine, you are quite right. When I was a girl, I already believed the dragons to be gone, however I had this feeling... that- that they never left. I didn't notice or thought much of the issue till I saw my Kai, bleeding wing, not making a sound in rocks near the beaches as if she was waiting for the pain to-. It broke my heart." Hiraya dips her head and in the sadness of the memory. The rest of them depleted in a similar way, at this Hiraya muses, "You're name is Fish..Legs? You're legs are not...fish?" Concerned, she suggested to his legs.

Fishlegs' face turns a cute pink, the wrinkles around his eyes a many as he smiled while everyone howled in laughter, especially two dragon riders with long whitish blonde hair. It was nice to know that the knowledgeable dragon trainer's loved dragons.

"Well, we know now that perhaps, Toothless was never the last Night Fury, including the fact that not all dragons have made their way or- never got to make their way to the Hidden World." The weight of the issue held heavy on their shoulders.

"Yawwwwn, oops- I never knew when to butt in I mean introduce myself I mean yourself, to the manliest roguest, handsomenememest- what's another word- anyway... m-most Vikingist of all Vikings- I, Tuffnut Thorston,who rode A Head of the famous Zippelback. I am pleased to make your acquaintance." The tall white-haired braided Viking who stroked his beard a little too strongly and laughed a little too hard at her mishap, stepped forward sticking his chest out. And quickly relocated to the ground with a violent thump, by a similar resembling person.

"Hi, I'm Ruffnut, we're twins," She said a-matter-of-factly "...so do you like throwin' yaks into the air? Blowing things up? What about making Hiccup mad?" Ruffnut snickered. Same face, same hair only it was heavily braided to one side and she was slightly taller than Tuffnut with a deeper raspy  voice and a little too close to Hiraya's face for her liking. Also violently relocated, sticking to the side of the wall as a shorter man with slightly long dark hair and a patchy beard and a thick moustache approached with a little more macho in his walk.

"Ugh, muttonheads- seriously. Anyways- I'm Thee Snotlout. The general and most important person of Berk. The ONLY rider of the Monstrous Nightmare- Hookfang, the REAL toughest Viking in all the lands." He says with a smirk, followed by silence.

"DAD I WANT MORE CHICKEN!" Calls a child with shoulder length dark brown hair.

"Ha..ha." Snotlout turns, blushing away, "Coming sweetie!" Dismissing himself in a hurried manner to attend to his gluttonous child. Hiccup palms his face.

Hiccup claps his hands together in exasperation, "Alright, that seems to be everyone, since my mother is gonna be late, now shall we eat?" Leading the way, Hiccup descends into the crowded hall towards the banquet, waiting for Hiraya and his wife. They seat next to the big man she saw earlier and the rest of Hiccup's 'gang'. In the middle of the table are the rest of the Berkian kids her age. The girl with the reddish brown pigtails and large axe- Hiccup's daughter, 'Zephyr' takes a seat next to Hiraya, unimpressed and disinterested. Hiccup lifts a cup where he sits at the table on the stage and they all cheer.

"Alright alright, listen up everyone. We have a guest, from a far away tropical island,Hiraya. We must treat her with open arms, she is a dragon's friend. And any friend of a dragon is a friend of ours, so be nice and tonight, we celebrate our new friend!" The chief takes a swig, his people following and they all howled and cheered returning to their meal and their conversations. 

The same chief takes his seat once the noise resumes, coughing and spluttering. Hiraya watches as his wife, the goddess looking lady Miss Astrid laughs at him and smacks his back a little too hard, he teases her back and they flirt with each other the rest of the night. 

"Welcome to Berk, Hiraya."