Black Hair and Broken Wings

The Night Fury : Part Two

After a few days of strenuous trekking up the forest, Hiraya only began to feel more hope and excitement knowing she was closer to reaching fixing Kai's left wing. Not missing, but broken for years, Hiraya and the tribe thought it should heal in time, and it did, but not healing properly left the wing useless, therefore unable to fly with. When Hiraya learned that the traveller Grimmel went around the island searching for 'treasure' and bragging about his achievements killing night fury's that day, Hiraya knew he was a bad, bad man. She hid with Kaihla in the volcano 'till he left. It was a week before Grimmel was seen with his enormous ship, waving with a dirty smile at her father, leaving Deep Water oceans. Hiraya's father knew that he had a job to protect the night fury after being disgusted over Grimmel's 'brag', rather 'murders'. It was not uncommon for dragons to be around, they didn't have a major issue with them, but respect for everything in nature. Hiraya grew up with Kaihla, where she would sit on her back and jump around the village pretending to fly. Also never fixing auntie's roof.

Hiraya felt the agonising pain every day, so when she heard of a Viking chief who tamed dragons or the Viking chief who had the mightiest dragons defending him as an army or the Viking chief who lived alongside dragons for years- with a night fury, Hiraya immediately begun to plan her trip across the earth to find and meet him.

Hiraya looking at her father, shed a small tear as he cupped her cheek in the cold wind. "I hope you find what you're looking for mahal. I hope you are safe every step you take... I hope you come home soon, mamahal." He softly speaks, smiling through the wrinkles that were forming on his tribe tattoos around the smile lines. Kai, standing next to her, taps her head on the palm of the chief and the chief greets her crouching to give a hug. As Hiraya sets aboard the large karakoa ship with her warriors waiting for her signal, she looks out to the tribe, the palm trees, coconuts on the sand and the house she grew up in, the volcano she hid in, tears start to fill her eyes and waves to her father. Kaihla jumps on the figurehead of the Haring Ibon.

Kiahla groans walking up past the last line of trees. They were almost there. Hiraya begun to tread carefully, the sky was already turning into bright orange and purple hues letting them know it was the end of the day. As the light shone into Hiraya's eyes, she put a quick hand up, to see the village so, so close. Approaching the edge of the houses hiding behind a tree, near what appears to be the epicenter of New Berk, with a large dark grey statue of man with a horned hat, a long beard, a large cloak holding an axe down the middle. 'Maybe that's the chief', Hiraya smiled, hopeful.

Gesturing for Kaihla to stay hidden, she slowly approaches the town, crunching boots in the fallen orange leaves. Slowly taking in the sight of the people, large and muscled, red and light brown and white hair. Most dressed in nearly not enough warm clothes, pale skin with the same horned hats. A few stop and stared at her, her long black hair and brown features, almond slanted eyes, shorter and apparently, overly dressed for the snow. Some of them reached for their axes, swords or other scary large weapon.

Exiting a hut a few meters away was an older man with a bear fur cloak down to the ground, brown hair pushed to the right, a matching long beard, thick strong armour, a belt appearing to have a dragon on the metal centre. But what she noticed most of all, was his left leg.

 A metal peg leg.

"Gobber, I told you, Zephyr cannot keep going out like this. If she goes out at sea one more time, I'm going to have to--". Halting his sentence, the wise presence acknowledges Hiraya. Staring at her, Hiccup felt something, something familiar, the smell, the black specks on her cloak. As if... As if a dragon- a night fury had been... No, it was too silly, Toothless was far away, living his life with his family- most importantly- safe in the Hidden World.  He would visit occasionally, but not too often to create another incident like fifteen years ago. When he almost lost Toothless in the worst possible way. If he were to keep him safe, he would never mention anything about dragons to outsiders.