He gazed up at his big brother lovingly, sucking his pacifier contently as Taehyung carefully got back into bed with him.

"I wish I could be you right now." Taehyung whispered, gently stroking Haru's cheek.

With all this stress and anxiety, Taehyung wished to slip. But would never dare to knowing he's taking care of such a tiny little baby.

"you're so cute." he cooed, gently carding his fingers through Haru's barely there hair. His skin feeling so smooth and soft to the touch.

"I have the cutest baby brother in the whole entire world." he whispered smiling, feeling his eyes watering with tears as his parents harsh words to each other only grew louder.

"and I know i'm not that capable of looking after myself sometimes." He told his brother, leaning in slightly. "i'm a bit different." He whispered, as if he was letting Haru in on his biggest secret.

And he was.

"but that doesn't mean I won't be there for you. No matter what you'll always be first for me. Because i'm your big brother, and that means I should protect you. And I will."

Taehyung gently rocked Haru in his dainty arms, smiling so fondly down at the baby who's falling back asleep. But despite his smiling, tears were falling down Taehyung's cheeks.

Like every night, the shouting finally ceased. And once the front door slammed shut, the house finally fell into silence.

It wasn't comfortable, but very much needed. And Taehyung felt himself finally relaxing away his anxiety. Haru took all his troubles away.

But that peaceful sincerity was interrupted, when footsteps were heard trudging across the hallway before Taehyung's door opened.

In walked his dad.

This confused the boy, because it was always his father that walked out after an argument. Not the other way around.

"where's Mom?" he whispered, not wanting to disturb Haru.

His father's face was solemn and his wrinkles filled with exhaustion.

But he quietly shut Taehyung's door and walked to take a seat beside him on the bed. Smiling fondly down at his newborn in his son's arms.

"why's this cheeky little monkey in here?" he whispered sincerely, smiling as he stroked his thumb over Haru's cheek.

"he was crying so I went to check up on him. Thought he would be better in here with me than by himself." Taehyung whispered. Starting to feel anxious once again.

His parents never came into his room after an argument, so why is his dad here now?

"dad, where's mom?" The little boy asked again, staring up at his father with wide innocent eyes. Still shining with tears.

Taehyung's father gave him a sad look before guiltily wiping away the younger's tears. He pulled Taehyung in close and helped to support Haru's head when he noticed his son's dainty arms starting to fail him.

"You know I love you right?" The older man spoke. "both of you. So incredibly much."

Taehyung could only nod. Not understanding where this was all coming from.

"dad?" he whispered fearfully, all traces of sleep leaving his body.

"your mother has left Taehyung. I don't think she is coming back."