07

Chapter Seven

It was my first day of classes, and I was excited and nervous at the same time. As a med student, my classes were in one side of the campus while my friends' were in the other side. I had to navigate my way through the unfamiliar campus.

But before my classes started, there was a student orientation that I needed to attend. It wasn't really important, but I decided to go anyway.

I entered the auditorium and sat beside a guy who looked Western-Asian. He had a striking appearance, with piercing blue eyes and tousled brown hair. As I sat next to him, he stared at me for a long time, as if he had just fallen in love with me.

I was bothered by his intense gaze, so I asked, "Is there something in my face that you're staring at?"

Kyle snapped out of his staring and said, "O-oh, you just remind me of someone I saw months ago."

I nodded, not sure what to make of his response. Kyle then introduced himself and we started talking. It turned out that we had a lot in common, and we got along really well.

As the event started, we both continued to talk and laugh, not really paying attention to the speakers. The event lasted for an hour and it already ended. Kyle and I went out of the auditorium, still laughing at the jokes we had shared.

"We didn't listen to a single word of the orientation, did we?" I said, still giggling.

Kyle grinned, "Nope, but it was worth it. I'm glad I met you."

I blushed at his comment, feeling a flutter in my stomach. We exchanged numbers, and I couldn't help but feel excited about the possibility of seeing him again.

As we parted ways, I couldn't stop thinking about Kyle. He was charming, funny, and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me.

On my way to my condo unit, I saw Ryan in my lobby. He had a blank expression on his face, but I could tell that something was bothering him.

"Hey, Ryan," I said, walking towards him. "What's up?"

Ryan hesitated for a moment before replying, "I was just waiting for someone. But I'm glad you're here. How was the orientation?"

I shrugged, "It was okay. Nothing really important, but I met someone interesting."

Ryan raised an eyebrow, "Oh? Who?"

I blushed, feeling a little embarrassed. "His name is Kyle. He's a really nice guy."

Ryan's expression turned sour, and I could tell that he was jealous.

"Kyle, huh?" he said, his tone a little cold.

I could sense the tension between us, and I felt a little uncomfortable. "Is everything okay, Ryan?"

He sighed, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just...I don't know. I guess I'm just a little jealous. You're my best friend, Jade. I don't want to lose you to some guy."

I smiled, feeling touched by his words. "You won't lose me, Ryan. You're my best friend too."

We hugged, and I felt a sense of relief wash over me. Even though things were a little chaotic, I knew that I had two amazing friends who would always be there for me, no matter what.

As Ryan and I parted ways, I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was off. Ryan had never acted jealous before, and I couldn't understand why he was acting that way.

I tried to brush it off and focus on my classes, but my mind kept drifting back to Kyle. We had exchanged a few texts, and he seemed just as interested in me as I was in him.