VII-Rat

I drop Chaeng at her house after we gathered necessary information from the nuns and went straight to my office to prepare the documents needed for the appeal. Tomorrow morning I will let Rosie to submit this documents at the court.

'I am certain of it Unnie, Lisa is not capable of hurting anybody. I've known her for years, she cannot stand seeing a cat soak under the rain. That's how we got leo. She can't even place a rat trap in the orphanage knowing that it will hurt the rat. Did you understand that Unnie?! Its a pest and normal people get rid of them! But Lisa can't! Even though that rat gnawed her favorite shirt from my parents! We need to help her get out of that prison Unnie. I know you're the only one that can help her.' Those words from Chaeng still lingers in my head. I can see how frustrated she was. And I feel pressured somehow. To be honest it is stressing me out. I will not let anybody go to jail because of the crime that they did not commit.

I need to try my luck again with Lisa. Hopefully she cooperates with me.

I got home pretty late today. I am so tired, both body and mind. I am so sleepy, and walk while my eyes are almost close. Its my house anyways, so I know every corner of it. When I enter the house, I turn on the lights and saw a vague silhoutte of a woman sitting at the dining area. I'm so sleepy that I even imagined seeing someone with her back facing me. Gosh Jennie, you really need to sleep. I talked to myself mentally. As I was walking to where the stairs is, the silhouette of the woman is getting clearer and clearer. I can see that she have a long black silky hair and she wear a white see-through like night gown.

I pretended not to see this woman and silently walk upstairs. 'Its just your imagination Jennie, you are too tired so go up and sleep. Don't you dare look back!' I scolded myself and this time, my feline sharp-looking eyes are widely open. I don't think I can sleep once I get to my room. One step at a time Jennie. As my foot landed on the first step of the stairs, the creek of the wooden stairs was heard. 'Why do I have to hear this now?!! Seriously?!'

Then I move my other foot lightly on to the next step to avoid hearing unnecessary sound again. I bit my lip then sigh 'yes! 9 more steps to go! You're doing great Jennie! Keep it up!' I cheered up myself.

I lift again my other foot, I closed my eyes, and slowly trying to feel the third step. But before my heel landed successfully on the step, that's the moment I heard a woman voice.

"Are you trying to avoid me?"

"WAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" I don't have the courage to face whoever spoke. Of course my first instinct is to run upstairs and go straight to my sister's bedroom for rescue. That's what normal people do! I heard Rosie's voice in my head again.

"Unnie open the door!" I called my sister at the top of my lungs. I know she's sleeping by this hour and I need her to open her bedroom door for me before I reach the last step so I can easily escape this white lady and enter her room!

Then I heard the voice again saying "I'm here!"

It sounded like Jisoo unnie's voice. Oh no! Ghost can adapt whoever's voice they want! Even their faces. Doppleganger right? But wait, what if its Jisoo unnie? It feels like everything is in slow motion. The one that you can see in movies, or even read on wattpad stories. (😉)

5th step, what will I do?
6th step, think fast Jennie!
7th step, is that really her?
8th step, I need to look back
9th step, that's when I decided to look back. I'm not the great Jennie Kim after all, if this ghost can scare me away!

On my 10th step, I look at my back and saw her chasing after me. I regret that instant that I decided to check if that's really my sister.

I saw her hair keeps on blocking her face and the moment she look up to me, it went on the side of her face. I can now see her clearly. Her pale skin, it emphasizes the dark circles underneath her eyes. And her right arm was trying to reach me.

"NOOOOO!!!! DON'T TOUCH ME!!! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

I shouted again. Fear is evident on my voice. I can feel the wetness of my cheeks because of the tears falling out from eyes. This is my end. This monster will kill me, and bring me with her. I'm sorry Lisa. Maybe on my next life we will meet again, and I will make sure that I will save you.

Then,

'BLLAAAAAAGG!'