V-Convenience store

"Rosie, this is Lisa our new client. It also happens that Lisa's trial was conducted yesterday beside our court room, baabyyy giirrlll." I emphasized the baby girl and she immediately get what I'm trying to say. They somewhat look tensed when they shook each other's hand. I can see that they are communicating through their eyes. Something that only they understand.

"What we know about the case so far?" She curiously asked me. "We didn't know much except this bullet points that I've prepared last night based on Jisooni's story." I showed her my laptop and some few research about the case.

"Then why don't we complete the whole story from Lisa so we can file the reopening of the case?"

"That's the problem. Lisa doesn't talk." She was shocked with what I have said. Then turn to Lisa to seek some confirmation from her. But Lisa just lower her head and of course, did not confirm nor deny.

We requested Lisa's record from the police. As what have stated in here, Lisa robbed the convenience store ten o' clock in the evening dated 25th of February, 2009. We watched the cctv footage from the convenience store and indeed it was Lisa. I think this is the first time that Jisoo unnie seen this video. Surprised was evident on her face. She's speechless.

"Ahhmm unnie, it's almost lunch time. Can we get a take out? Rosie, will you be fine in here?" I look at Rosie and she nodded. I pull my sister outside of her office. I intended to leave the two alone, I know they will talk and discussed the case. Maybe Rosie can get something from her.

Oh chipmunk, I might really buy you the massage chair if you do excellent on this case.

"Jen, it's my first time that I saw the footage." She looked sad and downhearted. The evidence against Lisa is crystal clear. She is definitely the person who robbed the cashier and stabbed the man on the left side of his torso. Based on the video, he was slowly losing his balance but still manage to push a button underneath the table. I believe that is an emergency button for the establishment. It was stated on his medical record that he was dead on arrival due to excessive blood loss.

After Lisa collected the bills from the cashier, she immediately went out of the store. Then the video ended. When did the police arrived? And how they manage to catch Lisa if she already went out before they even get there? I should dig deeper. But for now, our only hope is that the video might be tampered. By whoever, just to expedite the case. But we can clearly see that it is Lisa and not just an editted face of her. Nevertheless, I will still take a note of this since it is still a possibility.

"Don't worry unnie, we still have time to do our own investigation. I will go to the orphanage tomorrow to ask the nuns and some of people in the neighborhood. I might drop by at the convenience store also. Okay?" I told to Jisoo unnie.

I bought her a bucket of chicken to lighten her mood then we went back to the detention center. I opened the door and see that Lisa is nowhere.

"They returned her to the facility." Rosie said when she saw us entered the room.

"Did she talked to you? Did she tell you anything?" I asked her.

"Nnnn-oo unnie, she didn't talk." As expected, she won't tell me anything, yet. "But look at her mugshot unnie." I take a look at the pictures. She's very pretty to be honest. Her doe eyes, pointed nose, and plump lips. Why are they so perfect together? Are those lips also perfectly molded with mine? What the hell are you thinking Ruby Jane!

"Uhhmm Jen? Can I take a look?" Unnie interrupted my train of thoughts. I did not see anything unusual.

"Hh-eeree unnie." I gave her the photos right away, and proceeded to prepare our meal.

"What's in here Rosie?" Jisoo unnie asked.

"Unnie did you notice?" Rosie asks me. I take a look at the picture again and I'm not sure what she is talking about. Then I looked at the video footage in front of her. The video was paused where we can clearly see Lisa's face. It was the time when she is collecting the bills and the camera was placed just above the cashier's head. I am looking at the video and the mugshot picture back and forth. That's when I realized that "Lisa wore a different set of clothes." I blurted out.

"That's right unnie!" Rosie said. She even clapped her hands.

"How come did you notice this Chaeng and I did not?!" I am eyeing her suspisciously because knowing Chaeng for years, she can't even figure out a simple word puzzle!

"Ahh..... I...  learneeeed from the expert! Right! Of course you're the expert that I am talking about Unnie. I learned a lot from you by being your secretary." She averted her eyes while smiling nervously.

I doubt that she will notice it for a short period of time. Not unless... Someone pointed it out to her. She told her.

"Isn't it when the police captured you and brought you to the police station for mugshot, the clothes that you are wearing will be the same clothes on the picture? It's not that they will ask you to change for a proper clothes first. It isn't just a normal picture in the first place. It's a fucking mugshot." Jisoo unnie said while munching her chicken.

"Exactly." Is the only word that came out from my mouth.

I wanted to believe that you are innocent. But please help me to defend you.