IV-Penitentiary

We stop by in front of a large steel gate. The guard check us and the trunk of my car. Jisooni showed her ID to let us in. Because this is the side entrance that are meant for the employees. The visitor's entrance is at front.

"You can park the car right there beside the tree." She pointed the large tree near the prison's barricade just across it, is a large open area for the prisoner's daily activities.

"Do you want to take a rest first in my office or are you ready to meet Lisa?" I hesitantly wanted to take a breath fresh air, but why do I need that. It's not like I'm nervous or something. As I have told you, it never crosses my mind.

"I'm fine unnie. I'm ready to meet my new client." I smiled at her. With that she got off the car and waited for me so we can walk side by side.

We are walking on our way to her office. Most of the employees here greeted my sister and I. They all look friendly. Then I remember that I needed to call Rosie and tell her to go here in the penitentiary instead of going straight to the office.

I hold this chicken's arm before she open the door. "Unnie, I will just make a call then I will follow you inside." She nodded then I walk few feet away from her office. I saw a vending machine and decided to get some cold coffee.

"Unnie?" I heard Rosie's sleepy voice on the other line.

"Did you just woke up Roseanne?" I look at the phone's screen to check the time and it's already past eight in the morning. She should be at the office by this time or atleast on her way already.

"Uhhmmm n-no uunniee." She stuttered.

"Tell me the truth Park, Chaeyoung. Because you aren't here in the office. Shouldn't you be the one to arrive first before your boss?" I sternly said to scare her a bit. I heard her sigh before she speak again.

"Fine, fine. You caught me. I thought you will arrive at nine o' clock so I extended my beauty rest for a bit. Hehehehe. But I will take a bath now and be there in 30minutes. Why did you call anyway?" Ohhh I caught this lying chipmunk on the spot.

"Well your boss called to tell you that you need to go here at Incheon Detention Center." I told her.

"Why? What happened to you? Did you caught some serial killer or what? Why are you even there? Wait, wait. What do you mean there? in Incheon Detention Center? I thought you're in the offi-"

"Yes, I am not yet in the office so get up from your bed and get your lazy ass here Park, now!" I cutted her off and I'm trying to contain my laughter because I know she's panicking. I hear some thuds on the other line. On my conclusion, she's running going to the bathroom then some of her things fell on the floor. I ended the call just to look how dead serious I am then I laugh so hard while walking back to my sister's office.

I turned the knob not bothering to knock, while reading the messages from Rosie. She's so furious that I caught her after knowing that I am not yet in the firm.

"You look so happy Jen. Who did you call?" I am smiling widely right now then I answered her "Rosie happ....ened".

I look up to meet my sister's eyes but instead, I turn my focus on this lonely sad eyes in front of her. We are staring at each other and I saw how she was surprised to see me.

Oh, she probably remembered me.

Then her expression turned back to being cold. She gave me a tight smile to acknowledge my presence and for being polite, maybe.

"Jen, this is Lisa. Lisa, this is my sister Jennie."

"Hi." Was all I muttered to say.

'What happened to your tongue Jennie? Get yourself together!'

"Ehem.. ahhmm. How rude of me. Let me properly introduce myself. My name is Atty. Jennie Kim. It was nice meeting you, Lisa." I extended my hand to initiate the handshake. She gladly accepted it and nods her head.

Before I can even say another word, my phone rings.

"Okay, I'll tell unnie." Then, I hung up the call.

"Who was that?"

"Unnie, Rosie is at the gate. The guard didn't let her enter. Can you pick her up?"

"Okay. Will you be okay here with my sister, Lisa?" She asked Lisa and earned a nod from her. She did not even ask me if I'm okay being with Lisa alone. It's looks like I am the inmate instead of Lisa.

We're just the two of us inside the office, she's just playing with her hand. While I'm watching every action she made. Trying to study her body language. Oh what do you expect Jennie, she doesn't talk remember? Don't expect that Lisa will start a conversation with you any sooner. I facepalmed myself on my thought.

"Ahmm Lisa?" She looked at me. I can't read any expression on her face.

"You ask for my help yesterday at the court right? Can you still remember?" I'm trying to sound as gentle as possible. Scaring her away and not trusting me is the least I wanted to achieve on our first meeting. Or second technically.

I waited for her answer, but she just look away. Avoiding my gaze.

"It's purely coincidence that I saw you yesterday and that I am your doctor's sister. You can talk to me, okay? Don't be afraid. I'm here to help you. You can cooperate with me so we can get you out of here. I needed to know your side of the story so I can plan how to defend you in court." I can see that she's hesitated to talk to me. But there's a slight hint of hopeful shown in her eyes.

I was about to speak again but Rosie and my sister enters the room. I look up to them to greet Rosie. However, she's looking at Lisa with her jaw dropped? But why? I followed her gaze and saw a stunned Lisa then low-key shaking her head. I turn my gaze back to Rosie and she's back to her normal self like she wasn't shock at all a while ago.

"Unnie! You tricked me! I thought you were in the office." Hmmmn she behaves like nothing happened. Jisooni doesn't seem to notice, she just went straight to her swivel chair and check Lisa's profile. Okay, Rosie. Let's play what you two are trying to portray.

"Of course, that's what lawyers specializes in. To catch the deceiver on their own words." I intently said my double meaning statement to check their reaction. I saw how she stiffed with what I have said. I side glanced Lisa, and saw her biting her lip.

Oh Rosie, you can't hide anything from me. What's with you and Lisa?