VI-Breakfast

"Unnie! Do I really need to accompany you to the orphanage? Can I just stay at the firm? I have a lot of papers to file, and maybe I also need to clean your office. How about our office supplies? I need to check the inventory and other stuff!"

We are on our way to the orphanage and this chipmunk does not want to stop bickering about her coming with me to the orphanage.

"What's the real problem Rosie? Earlier when I fetch you, you were so happy then when I told you about the orphanage you become uneasy and nervous. Tell me the truth. Give me a good reason to let you go back to the office." I looked at her and saw hesitation on her eyes. I can sense that there is something bothering her.

"Because.... Because you told me yesterday that you will treat me breakfast! You did not tell me anything about us going to the orphanage together. That's why I'm so happy eating my breakfast platter earlier!" She pouts. I mentally laugh because of her face! Well, that's true. I intentionally did not tell her about us meeting the nuns and I just lure her with food so I can easily bring her with me. I know she is hiding something, and I will not let this day passed by without gathering some important information that might help us with the case. You are so wise Jennie Kim.

Before I can even answer her, I saw the orphanage sign. I turned right to enter the gate and park my car. I saw the nuns waiting for us at the entrance door of the building.

I get my bag at the back seat and was about to get out of my car when I saw that Rosie is not moving.

"I'll meet the nuns first and follow me outside. Gather yourself together Rosé. Whatever that is bothering you, don't let your personal problem meddle with our work. We have a case that we need to solve and win. A person that needed our help." And with that, I exited the car.

"Goodmorning Sister Lee." I extended my hand for a handshake and she gladly accepted it.

"Goodmorning Atty. Kim. Thank you for taking this ca-... Roseanne? Is that you?"

'Bingo! I knew it.'

"Sister Lee, it's nice to see you.. again.." Sister Lee retreats her hand and went to Rosie to give her a hug.

"Wait, did you two knew each other?" I pretended to be dumbfounded with the current sudden meet-up.

"Well, Roseanne live with us for several years. Before the Park's adopted her. She was Lisa's bestfriend. Her family always spend time with us every thanksgiving. She will stay one week earlier just to help Lisa wrapping the gifts for the children. How are they Roseanne? Did they still remember us? You stop visiting us three years ago. I thought you migrated to other country." The nun happily reminisce the past moments with Rosie and Lisa while waiting for her answer.

I looked at Chaeng and saw sadness on her eyes. She looked down to avoid my eyes and keeps on fidgetting her hand. They did not know what happened to Rosie's family. I hold her hand and embrace her side. I'm not on the position to tell them what happened, its not my story to tell. If Rosie is not yet comfortable to talk about her parents death, then we will not talk about it.

"Sister Lee, let's talk about the main reason why we are here. Let's talk about Lisa."

I tried to change the subject and successfully did it. I saw Chaeng heave a sigh, I will take it as a sign of relief from the most painful and sensitive topic of her life. The nun nod her head probably understands that there's a heavy feeling with this matter and proceeds to lead our way to her office.

The hallways are full of joyful pictures. Birthdays, thanksgiving, and even a simple dinner on their long table. Then there's Lisa. She looks so happy. Genuinely happy. Stolen shots of her here and there. There's also a picture of her together with Rosie and her parents. Like a family picture of them. I stop walking when I saw Rosie playing with a cat.

"Its Lisa's. His name is Leo." She said.

We entered the room and seat just in front of the nun's office table. Sister Lee opened the drawer and handed me a long brown envelope.

"Those are Lisa's documents. Her birth certificate, short term course diploma, her baby picture with her parents and a letter that was on her baby basket when we found her outside the orphanage."

Oh she took up a two year paralegal course. Same with Chaeng. Interesting.'

"And here is her diary. Few days after she got arrested, I went to her room to check her belongings and I found that. There are some photos that fell when I turn the pages. At first I thought it was her, but the way she styled herself was far from the Lisa that we know. Also, Lisa doesn't own those kind of clothes. I suspect that is her sister." I checked the photos and it was indeed look like Lisa. Not just a resemblance, but exactly like her. The same features of her face. You will surely presume that it is Lisa if you will not see the unnoticeable mole on her left cheek. I checked the back part of the photos but there's no written caption on it aside from the dates. Probably it was the date the picture was taken. I was about to say something when I heard Rosie say

"That is Lisa's identical twin sister, Pranpiya."

'Oh so you knew something about her and you're just saying this to me right now? Really Park, Chaeyoung?!'