Prologue

Everything was going smoothly as planned. May trabaho ako at nakapag-aaral. Isang taon na lang ga-graduate na ako. Wala akong kaaway-erase that, meron pala at iyon ay si Halimaw pero I don't care basta kailangan ko lang sayawan ang musika na gusto niya.

I was so eager to finish my degree. Pero nag-e-enjoy rin ako minsan. There's nothing wrong in enjoying life from time to time, right? Plus, lady luck is on my side because I always have a chance to take a quick glance at Arman. He's the man of my dreams. The apple of my eye. The icing on my cake. My red in the rainbow.

Then there was a party and Arman invited me on stage to have a sweet dance. His palm hugging my waist. We were dancing gracefully. I was enjoying the momentum then he told me we will dance again before the event ends. It was one of the most un​for​get​ta​ble party I attended, indeed.

Until the joyful night were changed into frightening shouts...

"Help! Please, open this freaking door! Open the door. They're here, O My God! Open this door."

"P-papa! Papa! Gumising ka papa!"

"Wala kayong puso! Mga hayop!"

There were cries and begging...

"Nagmamakaawa po ako tama na po."

"Tumgil na po kayo. Maraming inosente ang nadadamay"

"Maawa ka! Matanda 'yan. Hindi na 'yan makalalaban"

There were griefs and deaths...

"The patient didn't make it."

"He's gone."

Until I found myself running as fast as I could, hiding in the darkest places and killing zombies to survive. I let blood stain my innocent trembling hands.

Zombies. I used to see those creatures in movies but never, it never cross my mind that they would exist in Aregdon. How on earth could that be possible?

The problem didn't stop there. Because I felt something weird every time Halimaw is around. Like my cheeks turn red, my lips can't stop smiling and my mind seemed at peace when I'm with him.

Everything is a mess, people are dying and there's a big chance I could be next in the death line. But Halimaw has the power to calm me amidst this outbreak and I hate the fact that I felt safe and secured in his arms. We used to hate each other. I used to disgust every method he uses to piss the shit out of me. But here we are, collaborating ideas on how to survive this hell.

Why am I entertaining this weird feeling? Why am I allowing him to be so close to me? How the hell did he start making me question my feelings for Arman?

I used to visualize him as monster, with horn and fangs. Why is it that I am looking forward to witness his sweet smiles? That I wanna stare at his hypnotizing eyes. I like it when we shared the same wavelength of intimacy and care.

Why is that?...The most confusing part is, our hearts beat the same rhythm.

Then, there is someone named Y who introduced himself as my worthy opponent. They showed me how they created the virus, how they control everything so zombies can attack humans and will continue to bring more havoc in Aregdon.

Y plotted everything. He even played my feelings to overpower my kindness. If spreading my power means fighting with my own warrior, I'd rather surrender my throne and let the rival took over my crown.

But what will be the purpose of cwēn, if I'll hide in my castle and let my people die? It pained my soul, to see my warriors side with the other side of the fence. Even if life gives many reason to die and quit, I will choose to hold my armor and protect my kingdom at all costs.

I stick with my principle, I chose to understand the brains behind the virus for I believe that Y has a valid reason, for I believe that hatred is taught and not innate. I chose to spread comprehension over resentment. But deep inside my heaven there's a dungeon that cries for help.

This chaos is a bit wrong timing. How did I allow myself to see Halimaw as my knight? I am doomed big time. Things are getting messier day by day. Kids are hungry. Animals are dying. Survivors are killing each other. We are one step closer to death. And what killed me slowly was Y surprise me with a big bang.

Aregdon is in great chaos...and so my heart.

***

Votes and comments are highly appreciated. Enjoy reading!

LeoMorteres