Chapter 4 - Dinner

After I called Akaza last night and talked to him about the dinner to which he agreed to come. He also reminded me about the important thing he has to tell me. I was a bit confused on what it was, it sounded quite serious.

I sit up, getting out of bed to make me something to eat. After I made breakfast I pick out clothes to change into. Nothing fancy but something causal to walk around in. I'm not sure what I should do in the meantime while I wait but I could help Kyojuro with the dinner.

"It's still pretty early."
I mumble to myself as I peek behind the curtains of the window to my apartment looking at the outside view from the high-rise.

I make my way out of my apartment locking it then head down to the first floor. As I step out the elevator I see a familiar face. I look at her for a few seconds but start walking, I walk past her because it would be awkward if she didn't remember me.

"Y/N?" She mumbles to herself as she turns around with her eyes following you. She noticed you as you walked past her. She thought you might've not remembered her.

"Yoo-hoo!"

You turn around hearing someone call out to you.
'So she does remember me?'

"How have you been? It's been a while since we last chatted." She says with friendly and easygoing smile.

"Everything's been great, you?" I reply to her as I return the same smile. She's still the same beautiful and petite women I remember from the past.

"Everything's been well. Do you live here?" She ask me kindly with a hint of curiosity in her voice.

I nod my head yes to her question then ask why she's here.

"I live here." She says with the same smile as before.

Your face turns red feeling a sense of embarrassment.
I never knew she was living here this whole time. This is a big building as well though so I wouldn't be surprised if I came across someone else I knew that was living here also.

"O-oh.. right." I chuckle. The stutter in my voice was clear to hear leaving me feeling flustered.

"It's alright that you didn't know Y/N, as a doctor I am quite busy and not often home anyways." She says as she giggles.

"Right I forgot about that, would you like to hang out another time when you're free?" You ask her with a gracious smile.

Me and her were good friends in high-school but we eventually parted ways after, continuing on with our lives. I never knew she lived here with me this whole time. I do look forward to my next interaction with her, she always had a very friendly and cheerful manner all the time.

"Of course we can, do you still have my number?" She questions me and I tell her yes.

"It was nice seeing you again Shinobu." I tell her waving bye as she does the same.

I make my way out of the building and start hurrying along the pavement. I plan on going to the supermarket to get food for the dinner tonight. The supermarket wasn't that far so I didn't need to take my car.

Time Skip~

As I'm inside the supermarket I realize I don't know what Akaza and Kyojuro would want to eat. I take out my phone to text the both of them if they have any suggestions for dinner tonight.

As I was walking while texting the both of them I bump into someone, realizing that I was not paying attention to where I was going.

My phone fell out of my hands and I pick it up, as I checked it I sigh in relief feeling lucky that it didn't shatter. I put my device away and quickly apologize to the man looking up at him. His plum red cat-like eyes glare down at me.