Chapter 9 : Lie

Seokjin was sitting in the living room of his house, contemplating.

There's something stuck in his mind, keep bothering him. Something he knew long ago but forgot.

Something about Taehyung, he felt he should know something about the boy, but what?

What is it about him? Why do I feel that I've known him before? Before he worked in this company? Why does he feel so familiar?

Seokjin nervously stood up, stepped in front of a white cupboard that was neatly displayed in his living room.

Actually, he had a feeling Taehyung had something to do with his past, a past he wanted to forget, because it was too painful to remember.

Memories of his husband...

Trembling, Seokjin opened the white dresser drawer, then took out a white box that he hadn't touched in two years.

Carefully he opened the box and took out its contents, a thick folder filled with files.

Seokjin sat down, took a deep breath and opened the folder, it contained clippings, snippets of news about the tragedy two years ago.

The tragedy of a series of accidents on the toll road that killed his husband.

At that time, in his grief, Seokjin collected all the news that contained about the tragedy, put them together in one big folder, put them in a box, and stored them. Stored them with all the pain he felt.

Now that he opened the box of pain again, his heart ached, his hands trembled as he flipped through the pages.

Until then he found what he was looking for.

The picture of the figure is exactly the same, even though it looks young, fragile and broken, it's the same Taehyung. In the picture of the article, he is looking down wearing all black clothes in the waiting room of a hospital.

ENTIRE FAMILY DIED IN A SERIES OF COLLISIONS

As the title of the article goes, it explains how Taehyung lost his parents and was left alone. Meanwhile, his fiancé, a lawyer named Jung Hoseok, lay in a coma unconscious.

Fiancé? Coma?

Seokjin read the article carefully, then looked at the hospital background in the picture of Taehyung's article.

He knew this hospital because he had field practice there several years ago.

Immediately he phoned the hospital, using his various connections in the medical profession to get info from doctors he knew. Seokjin searched as much information as he could, and finally found the truth.

A truth that will definitely touch the heart of anyone who hears it. Even his eyes were sparkling with emotion.

Seokjin suddenly remembered Namjoon's words when they had lunch together earlier, about the man's plan to teach Taehyung a lesson.

Tonight...Oh, God!

Immediately, as if awakened, Seokjin grabbed his wallet and car keys.

He had to prevent Namjoon from carrying out whatever his plan was to teach Taehyung a lesson.

Namjoon has misunderstood, and whatever that man will do, he will definitely regret it once he finds out the truth.

Seokjin must prevent it before it's too late!

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

The important meeting Jungkook had just got finished, everything went according to his wish.