Chapter 8 : Kim Namjoon

Start from the beginning

"You'll let her husband pick you up? You two will be alone in the street?"

Taehyung felt nervous, but then he felt like laughing at Jungkook's strange words.

"Jeon Jungkook," Taehyung muttered angrily, "He's a husband, and his wife is about to give birth to a child, what's on your mind?"

The words made Jungkook blush, and he stepped back.

"Ah yes...sorry," then the man looked at Taehyung sharply, "You can go, but once you get to the hospital you have to call me."

"Yeah," Taehyung answered too quickly so Jungkook looked at him even more suspiciously.

"You have to call me, Okay?"

"Okay," Taehyung replied too quickly.

"Kim Taehyung!" Jungkook's voice sounded irritated.

"Okay, I promise." Taehyung answered finally.

"And before eight in the evening you must be home."

"Okay Jungkook," Taehyung promised though he didn't know if he could keep it.

And now, Taehyung accidentally put his phone down. However Jungkook's anger will be endured later, now the most important thing is Hoseok.

"It's time Taehyung," muttered nurse Lee, interrupting Taehyung's reverie.

Two other nurses came into the room and started setting up the life support machines for Hoseok. Then started pushing Hoseok's body out of the room.

Taehyung followed behind, until Hoseok disappeared at the special door of the operating room.

Weakly he turned to nurse Lee, "How long will the operation take?" Nurse Lee hugged Taehyung gently.

"For a heavy operation like this, at least 4 hours Taehyung."

4 hours

5 hours

6 hours

Taehyung's breath began to feel short, many times he glanced at the light above the door of the operating room. But still no movement there. With every second that passed so slowly, Taehyung's breath felt more and more labored.

What is taking it so long? What happened? Are the doctors having a hard time? How's Hoseok doing there?

These questions raced through Taehyung's mind, making him even more anxious and scared.

Nurse Lee had checked on Taehyung many times in between her duties, bringing Taehyung a glass of tea and snacks because Taehyung didn't want to eat.

"Eat first Taehyung. I don't want you to pass out later," muttered nurse Lee while gently massaging Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung weakly shook his head. "I can't nurse, I'm too anxious to eat."

"Then drink your tea, you haven't eaten at all since earlier, at least sweet tea can give you a little energy."

Taehyung obediently sipped his sweet tea, then looked at the door again worriedly.

"Why are the doctors taking so long to operate?"

Sister Lee sighed.

"I don't know Taehyung, but Hoseok is a special case, the doctors have to be really careful with him, maybe that's why it is taking it longer to complete the operation."

Taehyung's gaze never left the operating room door.

His tension increased, when the light above the operating room door turned off, he unknowingly jumped from where he stood and half ran to meet the doctor.