~CHAPTER 1~

SYLVIE

Today was a typical day for me. I started out with my run in my wolf's form with my brother Elijah. My wolf Willow is dark gray with white paws and green eyes. We ran our normal route around the lake near our house, down to the pack house and to the pack hospital where my brother works and back home. So Elijah (Eli) could get ready for work. Yes, you guessed it. My brother is a pack doctor, and the Himalayan Pack is lucky to have him. Hell, he is one of Alpha Braxton's best friends. He was supposed to be the Beta but wanted to be the pack doctor instead. Braxton respected that, and they both decided that it should be his brother. See, mine and Eli's dad were the former Beta, Beta Ian. Yes, Yes I am Beta's daughter.

"Sylvie, are you going working at the bookstore today?" Eli asked.

"Yes, I am. Since you're going to the hospital, would you want to drop me off on the way?" I asked.

"No problem, I work till 11 p.m. See if one of your friends can give you a ride home or ask mom or dad. Ok?" He said.

"Ok, big brother, I got it." I said. We stopped at all the coffee shops and grabbed two coffees to go. Then we headed to the bookstore.

"Thank you for the ride, Eli. Love you, big brother." I told him. I gave my brother a hug before I got out of his Audi.

"Your welcome Sylvie, love you too sis. See you tonight at home. Remember, call dad." She said.

"I will, bye." I said as I shook my head, headed to the bookstore door, unlocked the door, and headed inside.

It was my day to open the bookstore. Jazzy and Ellie both had today off. They were spending the day with their mates. I couldn't be happier for there. But the owner, RJ (Renee-Jean De Luis) will come in for a little to do the books and then leave. I will work the nine to seven shift. Which I do not mind at all because I love it. This is my sanctuary; I love to read and promote the new books. Most of the day was pretty busy, as it always is. We have had a coffee shop/café built into the bookstore recently, so it brings in a lot of customers.

Around 4:40 p.m. today this guy came into the bookstore today. He was giving me the creeps. My wolf kept telling me it was nothing at first. But she was silent. Maybe she couldn't get good enough to read on him. No matter what I was doing, he kept staring at me. It might have seemed like it was an imagination. But when I looked, he wasn't looking in my direction. Maybe I am just tired and need to get some sleep.

"Excuse me." The man said with a smile. Who turns out to be Korbin.

"Hello, how can I help you?" I asked him.

"Yes, do you have a copy of "The Canadian Love Romance, By Liam Deswell?" Korbin asked.

"Well, if we do, it would be in the Drama/Romance section. Right this way, follow me." I said, worried with concern, because this guy is giving me the creeps. As we are walking, I am looking the book up on my handheld, and it looks like we have the book in stock.

"Thank you for your help. I appreciate it." He said.

"No problem, it's my job. According to the handheld here, we have the book in stock." I said, looking at the shelf, grabbing a book and handing it to him. "Here you go. Is there anything else I can help you with today, sir?" I said.

"Thank you so much. This book is a gift for a friend of mine. They have been wanting to find it for their mate." He said.

"Clever choice in book, I suppose. I heard it's supposed to be good." I said.

"Hope they like it." He said.

"Anything else I can do for you today?" I asked.

"Yes, Let me take you out for dinner?" He asked.